FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 New to xlink, recieving error messages View next topic
View previous topic
Doomaholic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to xlink but I have been with the warppipe community for a while. I got kai setup, ports forwarded, my gamecube connected, but when I try to connect to someone, it says "connected" for about 2 seconds. Then it says connection error and retry or cancel. (This is in kirby air ride) in mariokart, it says connected, press start to play. then when I press start nothing happens and eventually the game freezes so i have to reset my gamecube. any help is appreaciated.
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

alexa999 @ Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 pm wrote:
I am new to xlink but I have been with the warppipe community for a while. I got kai setup, ports forwarded, my gamecube connected, but when I try to connect to someone, it says "connected" for about 2 seconds. Then it says connection error and retry or cancel. (This is in kirby air ride) in mariokart, it says connected, press start to play. then when I press start nothing happens and eventually the game freezes so i have to reset my gamecube. any help is appreaciated.

Does everything work okay in Kai Diagnostics (i.e. it says Successfully Configured GameCube and Network Reachable: Yes or something like that)? If so, then I don't know.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

one thing is...try not forwarding your ports.. Smile

[img]Image
Yellig
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds to me like you're successfully connecting your Cube to the net, but that your connection is unstable.

Make sure you're trying different players, and that their pings are below say 50 or 60.
Doomaholic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

biolizard89 @ Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am wrote:
alexa999 @ Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 pm wrote:

Does everything work okay in Kai Diagnostics (i.e. it says Successfully Configured GameCube and Network Reachable: Yes or something like that)? If so, then I don't know.

I recieve Network Reachable and Gamecube Congifured Successfully. When I finally got 1 kirby game going, it lasted for 5 seconds before disconnect. I guess I just need to find players with lower pings.
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Either that, or the problem might just be what Yellig said: "unstable connection." Quick disconnections are caused by firewalls and even antivirus software. Double-check your connection to ensure complete connectivity.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic