FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Play with wired router without turning on PC? View next topic
View previous topic
Spyk3
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it possible, just like the wireless Linksys Routers to play online via the XBMC interface with a (Linksys) wired router without having to turn on the PC?

I would use a normal router where my internetmodem, DSL connection, would be in front of my router or built in so that everyone could get online immediately without having to turn on the main PC (which the situation is now).
Zpappa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am also interested in there bein some "trick" or standalone of Kai for XBMC or just a standalone application that can run via the EvoX or Avalaunch dash?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if I understood your question right(had a hard time for some reason) then this is what you are talking about:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5586

It's the kaistation, it lets you run XLink on a router so that way you dont have to turn on your PC ever as long as you have that router with the proper firmware.

Hope that helps

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]superman @ Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:21 pm wrote:
Well, if I understood your question right(had a hard time for some reason) then this is what you are talking about:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5586

It's the kaistation, it lets you run XLink on a router so that way you dont have to turn on your PC ever as long as you have that router with the proper firmware.

Hope that helps

Is it that hard to understand? Twisted Evil

Well I just bought my wired Linksys Router, 4-ports. What I want is be able to play online via XBMC without having to turn on my PC. I want to start up the engine with my router. I know its possible with the wireless WRT54x but I have no idea if it's possible with other routers from Linksys.

I'll say it again, mine is WIRED. NOT wire l e s s. It's a new model the shopkeeper said: AG241.

http://www1.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=19&ipid=670

Thanks in advance! Wink
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spyk3 @ Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:29 am wrote:

Is it that hard to understand? Twisted Evil

First of all, dont get a smart mouth with me seeing as I'm the only person who took the time to help you and responded to your thread(which you did not have to make because if you did some simple breezing through the forums then your question would easily be answered). I didnt have time to sit here and reread your post like crazy till I fully understood your situation because, just like everyone else here, I am not going to drop everything I'm doing just to answer a question that has been asked and answered a hundred times.

Second, it's posted all over the place in the forum for the kaistation that kai will only run on that router. That means no ethernet wires, only the wireless one.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That means no ethernet wires, only the wireless one.

thats not true, its the WRT54G router and it has 4 wired ports as well as wireless :] .. go trade in the "new" router that you bought and get a WRT54G .. if u don't need the wireless just shut it off ..

oh and if you have a DSL modem you got ripped off buying this router anyway , it has a built in DSL modem which if you have a modem you don't need that and a WRT54G is cheaper anyway ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[tHc]hicaow @ Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:51 pm wrote:

thats not true, its the WRT54G router and it has 4 wired ports as well as wireless :] .. go trade in the "new" router that you bought and get a WRT54G .. if u don't need the wireless just shut it off ..

That's not what the sticky in the kaistation thread says. You guys should update that. Also, I think he meant that he wants to know if it's compatible on the router he has now and that he plans on keeping it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic