FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Another GCp!!! View next topic
View previous topic
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

man, it's been a while since I've visited these forums Razz...anyway, I thought I'd drop in to show you guys my GCp V1.5 that I may start selling soon Very Happy...anyway, here's a bunch of pics (enjoy Very Happy!):

front:

back:

top:

bottom:

one side (it looks fatter than it really is Wink):

um...the top again Razz:

playing RE4 Very Happy:

another RE4 shot:

hope you guys like it Smile...and pm me/post here if you're thinking about buying one (I still have yet to think of a price...gotta see how much it costs to make+time and all that Wink)
Bakuryu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude you might have something awesome on your hands can you make like a 3d view of it or something to show its size compared to something?, portable GC would rock show some pictures of you playing SSBM =P can you do multiply with 3 other people?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gamelver @ Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:14 pm wrote:
man, it's been a while since I've visited these forums Razz...anyway, I thought I'd drop in to show you guys my GCp V1.5 that I may start selling soon Very Happy...anyway, here's a bunch of pics (enjoy Very Happy!):
<snip />

Looks sweet. One thing, though: you do have some type of plastic shielding on the laser, right? Because the laser is a health hazard when not shielded properly, and while I don't think you'll get in trouble making it fo yourself, you could be sued for selling a dangerous laser product.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol, there was a similar conversation in the other thread Razz...anyway, yeah, I'd have a cover for the back, but really, even without a cover you usually have the disc there and when the disc isn't there the laser only turns on for a few seconds...I don't know why everyone freaks out about them so much Razz
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gamelver @ Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:44 pm wrote:
lol, there was a similar conversation in the other thread Razz...anyway, yeah, I'd have a cover for the back, but really, even without a cover you usually have the disc there and when the disc isn't there the laser only turns on for a few seconds...I don't know why everyone freaks out about them so much Razz

I believe the problems are, (a) the laser could damage the retina if it were accidentally directed at a person's sye, (b) the laser could cause skin damage, like sunburn, if done multiple times, and eventually increase the risk of skin cancer, and (c) an electrical defect that caused a power surge to the laser might increase the laser's power to the point where it would be very dangerous. I'm not sure on (c), that might not happen, I've never taken an electrical engineering class or anything. If it's only on for a few seconds, I doubt (b) would be a large risk, but the law's the law. Smile
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

and remember that this is a laser for just reading the discs, so it's not very powerful...and there is no possible way for it to get enough power to cut through something...also, you'd be playing this thing sitting down most of the time, so the laser wouldn't point at anything...anyway, I WILL include a cover for the disc Wink...
Bakuryu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bakuryu wrote:
Dude you might have something awesome on your hands can you make like a 3d view of it or something to show its size compared to something?, portable GC would rock show some pictures of you playing SSBM =P can you do multiply with 3 other people?
Never got answered Sad
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bakuryu wrote:
Bakuryu wrote:
Never got answered Sad

I doubt it would work with multiplayer, unless it's all on the same screen. Otherwise, something along the lines of ControlSim would be needed to keep the GameCubes synced.
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oops Razz...anyway, it's got inputs for three extra controllers, as well as an external first player controller. the multiplayer would be all on the screen, but since that's WAY to small...I just use the AV out jack when playing multiplayer Wink

if I wanted to have it work with three other GCps, you mean, I'd have to first actually make three more GCps, then wire up the controller data line, the power line, and whatever that third wire is Razz (plus ground, obviously)...and then to have it on full screen I'd have to get some kind of special encoder (usually pretty big) to separate the video into 4 or 3 or 2 sections and then wire each section to the appropriate GC....as you can see, it'd be a lot of trouble to have full screen multiplayer Sad...even when simply using a normal GC Wink
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like a very nice idea indeed, something I'm willing to try. Two questions though:

Idea What is the status of this product in terms of its legality?
Idea Any idea of your price range?

XxJustBlazexX
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

legality....hmmm....well, I'm technially selling it as a "used" GC, not as a manufactured, patented product...so I'm pretty sure this is legal Razz...

anyway, I've decided on a $350 price...it costs roughly $180 for the parts and the rest is for working on the thing for 3 weeks straight Razz...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic