FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 No more rubberbanding but.... View next topic
View previous topic
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was brainstorming ideas of how to improve rubber banding but i was still a little unclear of what to do. so i talked with bio and told some of the ideas i had and he suggested i take the player 2 scripts and put them in player 1. I got l3laze to test with me to see if this would make a difference and it has. player 1 no longer receives rubber banding player 2 also has no rubber banding but because the scripts are now in player 1, player receives lagg. Its not terrible lag. but you would need a really nice ping to have a fast game. Just to add, players 2 scripts were erased from the player 2 section. Were very close to greater experience. But getting rid of the lagg for player 2 is something i have to figure out now if i can. Any help you could offer fuzziqer could really help

here is a sav file
GCARS-CS Save
sharpener
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since this is a fighting game, it requires really fast ping times. If the ping is above about 100, lag will occur - but there's nothing that can really be done about it. Network latency always adds a small amount of delay to any packet.

GCARS already cuts its effective ping time in half, because it's a P2P app (no server required). Unfortunately, the only real way to reduce latency between two hosts is for them to to be geographically closer to each other.

It may still be possible to reduce some lag due to bad hook programming. I'll check the hook today after I finish the two newest major features of GCARS.
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

that sounds great Very Happy

but i was wondering fuzziqer if theres actually a way to limit the fps from 60 to 30

could it be done with an action replay code?
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sharpener = Fuzzy

[img]Image
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

djveeman wrote:
that sounds great Very Happy

but i was wondering fuzziqer if theres actually a way to limit the fps from 60 to 30

could it be done with an action replay code?

I think it could be done. Just use up enough CPU time, and the game will start dropping frames. At least, I think that's what Sharpener told me a while ago. However, I don't know if that will make it also drop frames of pad data.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
sharpener
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's even a routine in the hook to make it do that. Try this code (I think it's right..... I haven't tested this code type yet):

00000000 A17F8084
00000000 00000000

This code *should* make GCARS use an entire frame to run codes and send/receive data (which slows the game to half speed). The sound will probably be screwed up if the code works as planned.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic