FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need Help View next topic
View previous topic
mindwaste
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I need some help configuring Kai with XBMC, I have a current build(2005-09-27)... My setup is: internet modem to router which has one wire going to pc and one to xbox. I have followed all the steps and got the RSS feeds in the xbmc and the weather working. I have also been able to load the KAI Ui on windows and then pop in Halo2 disc in xbox and play using systemlink. All that works fine, also it says my network is reachable with in kai. My issue is that for the life of me I cannot get Kai working from with in XBMC. Please tell me what im doing wrong... i ran kai config and had selected dashboard only profile and didnt touch anything else. I have configured kai settings from xbmc and have written my tag n pass.. .i dont know what to enter for the engine ip thing.... my pc is on : 192.168.0.101 and xbox is on: 192.168.0.103 ... also I never configured my router to have port forwarding with 30000. I dont know how to do that.. but without having done that everything else works but the xbmc integration. Please help me out !

thanks all in advance !
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "Kai Engine IP" setting in XBMC is to enter the IP address of the engine. In your case, 192.168.0.101. That should be all you need.

-Int15
mindwaste
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much, I think in my tries before I had tried that but never restarted xbox to make sure the settings sat. Your post confirmed for me that I had to use that IP and then I restarted and it worked fine. Thanks once again Smile !!!
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're welcome. Happy gaming!

-Int15

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic