FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 While Hosting Halo2... View next topic
View previous topic
orijonl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this should probably be covered in some faq or sticky somewhere, but I couldn't find it so I'm asking...

Why is it that whenever I host games in Halo2 that I can only see very few other games to join in system link? I'd like to set my box to host in XBMC and then have the option to host a game or just join in to someone elses.

I know I could probably see them on the PC gui, but my PC is some distance from my xbox.
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

orijonl wrote:

Why is it that whenever I host games in Halo2 that I can only see very few other games to join in system link?.

---> in the halo2 2 lobby, youll see games appear and then disapear. What you need to do is join a private arena, so the room wont disapear.

orijonl wrote:
I'd like to set my box to host in XBMC and then have the option to host a game or just join in to someone elses.

I know I could probably see them on the PC gui, but my PC is some distance from my xbox.

I think what your trying to do is host in the main lobby of halo2, dont open a private arena. And whenever you see a private arena that you would like to join, you would need to close the game your hosting and then join the room your trying to get into...

I think i understood your question lol. if im wrong then sorry.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, but actually what I am doing is setting XBMC to host publicly (not private) in the main lobby (Americas) and then I play games that come up until I get bored with what is available and decide to host a game or two of my own. This works well, but I often only see 1 or 2 games and occasionally see nothing. If I do the exact same thing without setting XBMC to host, I see more games than I can cycle through in the limited time it takes for the thing to refresh, or whatever it is doing.

I am just wondering if there is a way to see all of those games while in hosting mode?
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

orijonl wrote:
I am just wondering if there is a way to see all of those games while in hosting mode?

No, you should only set to "hosting" if you're actually hosting a game. Xlink manages Halo 2 traffic differently if you set it in "hosting" mode, and you won't see games created by other people in "hosting" mode if you set it that way.
orijonl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Sad
IIX_AKHAN_XII
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yo man i started hostin games hopin fo som chalenges som pepo search fo me and join ma game (preferably clans) swat,slayer, ctf =) comon i would also want an clan tryout if anyones offerin
xTin_Pu
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can someone tell what does "Hosting" status do?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic