FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Would this work? View next topic
View previous topic
Dasher07
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Linksys wireless router in my room where my Gamecube is (but the computer that uses the router via ethernet card is in a different room). Would I be able to play online if I hooked the cable from the Gamecube to the router in my room, but not to my computer?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dasher07 wrote:
I have a Linksys wireless router in my room where my Gamecube is (but the computer that uses the router via ethernet card is in a different room). Would I be able to play online if I hooked the cable from the Gamecube to the router in my room, but not to my computer?

If the PC and GCN are on the same LAN (a router works fine), it should work fine. Since you mention you have a wireless router, I should probably warn you that most Wi-Fi cards on the PC will not work (unless they support promiscuous mode), and using Wi-Fi with encryption of any kind in the connection will add significant (20ms or so) lag. But if everything is wired, then I think everything should work (|3laze, am I right?).
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic