FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Survivor: Panama View next topic
View previous topic
-Gunslinger-
Team XLink Baker
Team XLink Baker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A brand new season of Survivor will start this Thursday and I could not be more excited.

I am a reality tv junky, I just can't get enough of the stuff.

The superbowl of reality tv is the one which started the reality craze, Survivor. Wink

I am hoping that this season is much better then the last one.
We have a good mix of people this season so I am hoping that it makes for some interesting situations.

Oh if I could only be a US citizen so I would be eligable for Survivor Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thursday is also Groundhog day wooo hooo winter will soon be over.

Gunslinger
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yep me too.. a reality tv fan.. Its airing this friday here in singapore.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha, u remind me of my sociology teacher. She was addicted to survivor.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Survivor is our favorite TV show. It's the only show we watch as a family.
3hree|7even
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if they kill each other for food ill watch
XCTtyler
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3hree|7even wrote:

I like a good canibal TV show myself, but I too am a avid Survivor watcher. Richard Hash is in jail for tax evasion, what a moron! Survivor tryouts are at a local pub this saturday for next season ... Smile I might just do it.

BroKenMan-Redskull
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you wouldnt have a chance in hell. lol

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big fucking television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disk players and electrical tin openers... choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on the couch, watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing reality tv shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life."

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3hree|7even wrote:

Lol..thats a good one...Maybe if there was a sex-a-thon involved here I might switch it on and actually give a shit!

Team XLink Baker
Team XLink Baker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big fucking television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disk players and electrical tin openers... choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on the couch, watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing reality tv shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life."

Well... that was uplifting Wink Razz

Richard also setup a fake charity and all the money actually went to him. What an idiot. Rolling Eyes

TIP:http://www.cbs.com for a preview of the tribal council area.

Gunslinger
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha ha. yeah, I'm no fan of reality TV shows. They are all Bullshit. Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of nobody's make an arse of themselves on national TV?

I was going to go into the whole dumbing down the nation...but i dont think i`ll bother.

Team XLink Baker
Team XLink Baker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
Ha ha. yeah, I'm no fan of reality TV shows. They are all Bullshit. Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of nobody's make an arse of themselves on national TV?

I was going to go into the whole dumbing down the nation...but i dont think i`ll bother.

Well for me Duke it's real simple my friend. I work really hard during the day and when I get home from work I love to do nothing more then lay on the sofa and veg.

I love my TV I could live without everything but my television. Now not all television is mindless but sometimes mindless TV is a great way to unwind and relax after a hard day of doing nothing but non stop problem solving. Wink

My preference just happens to be reality tv but not all reality tv is good. Razz

I also like to spend my time watching movies of all kinds. Oh and give me some good BBC shows and I will be in front of the tube for days. Very Happy

Gunslinger
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't suggesting you were a mindless person who sits glued to the pictocube/googlebox/brainwash box/ tv, what ever you want to call it Wink

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all TV is junk, just that the whole big-brother/survivor thing is not for me. We have our own versions of them, as I'm sure you do. What really makes me mad, is when these so called celebrities get the front page news etc, when there is more important things going on.

but is seems to be the norm these days that YOU have to be part of the circle of office chatter that surrounds these shows. Me, id rather discuss the political climate of current events, then what jonny somebody did last night in big brother/survivor.

Yeah, give me some classic BBC shows, and some quality movies anyday!
Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't agree more duke.. the reality show craze totally passed me by.. same as soaps really..

Why would I wanna just watch other people doing normal stuff?

I probably *would* go so far as to say that it is dumbing down the nation here - people sit round talking about who "might have given that gay guy a blowjob when it was real dark in the Big Brother bedroom!!!!!11!!!" and I just wanna shake em, screaming "for fucks sake... is your own miserable life *that fucking boring* that you care about what these chavs are doing to get attention on TV?" ...

Each to their own and all that - and I guess the "Survivor" one is perhaps a bit different - because they actually have to *do stuff* - as opposed to Big Brother - but if I ever have kids, they wont sit round watching that shite - reading a book or doing something outside is a much better option..

A
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed.
Its the same with the soaps, people rushing home from work to watch what fictional characters get up to, "did you see what the Mitchell brothers done last night" err no? did you see the effects of what cluster bombs do to Iraqi children last night? No??

Fuck big brother....Lets have a real big brother show. get 25 people,give them minimum food, work them 18hrs a day doing back breaking work,keep at them 24hrs day, torture,sleep depravation, brainwash them. those who survive get to keep there lives, those who don't, get a bullet in the back of the head.

any volunteers??
Razz

"War is peace" Freedom is slavery" "Ignorance is strength"

Team XLink Baker
Team XLink Baker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
Indeed.
Its the same with the soaps, people rushing home from work to watch what fictional characters get up to, "did you see what the Mitchell brothers done last night" err no? did you see the effects of what cluster bombs do to Iraqi children last night? No??

Fuck big brother....Lets have a real big brother show. get 25 people,give them minimum food, work them 18hrs a day doing back breaking work,keep at them 24hrs day, torture,sleep depravation, brainwash them. those who survive get to keep there lives, those who don't, get a bullet in the back of the head.

any volunteers??
Razz

Hmmm might be a bit tricky but no problem hehehehehe Wink

Gunny
crazyGibbon
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love the way they call them 'reality' tv shows... When in 'real' life does someone get locked in a house with 9 other people, fed and watered, and set random shit to do for food? Apart from maybe prison, but at least in prison you can get hurt Twisted Evil They all know if it all goes wrong then they can just walk out...

Like duke said, let's see some real reality TV, then they'll be some shocked people about...
3hree|7even
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
Indeed.

any volunteers??
Razz

why waste good bullets on dead people?
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:

Trainspotter Wink

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoy watching people making a fool out of themselves on TV - With money on hand I would be enticed to enter any contest. Survivor was the 2nd reality tv show and by far one of the best.

I do find it very funny that American's watch shows like "The Bachelor" where one man get's to pick from like 30 women and at the end get married, but at the same time they find homosexuals getting married "a corruption of institution of marriage." I wonder if they will ban the bachelor...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic