FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 2 xboxes on same network View next topic
View previous topic
Cheeta1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have 2 modded xboxes working off of same network when running kai cant log both on at same time as another.What happens is when i start engine on 1 the other shuts down visa-versa how can i keep them both running at the same time so both can be on and playing at the same time. i do also have a gammer tag for each machine could this be my problem Could you please help with my problem.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheeta1 wrote:
i have 2 modded xboxes working off of same network when running kai cant log both on at same time as another.What happens is when i start engine on 1 the other shuts down visa-versa how can i keep them both running at the same time so both can be on and playing at the same time. i do also have a gammer tag for each machine could this be my problem Could you please help with my problem.

The engine should be running on your PC. It sounds like you're using XBMC as your user interface - only one of the xboxes can be connected to the engine at a time. This is normal... You can play on both Xboxes at once though - you just always be playing in the same arena.
Cheeta1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes you are correct i am using xbmc and pc running engine as i understand it 1 xbox will find the game for example Far Cry and on the other box he just joins in,through system link with the same game. Just 1 last question now when #1 xbox joins an arena will #2 automacticly join in the same arena as #1,even though the arenas just show up on #1box Thank you for your help.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, exactly... The engine that runs on your PC is what's actually "in" an arena.. The XBMC display just tells you what the engine is set to. So it doesn't matter if you're using the Windows GUI or XBMC on one or the other box - the engine is what really matters.
Cheeta1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you for your help it does work now dont see why i was confused it is so easy thank you for your help

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic