FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Pocket full of money.... View next topic
View previous topic
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So i just got paid today, no doubt like a lot of you. so i stroll round my local shopping center at lunch time. i end up in a video game store. I see the 360 kiosk, wonder over, and have a bash on it. Played a quick race of Gotham 3...not bad, not bad.

So I'm looking through the software on the machine, yeah, all nice and that. But the impulse to buy it, just wasn't there, (unlike the original xbox, i imported one from the states) i look at my xbox with its 120 gig Hdd, Xbmc, games, movies, music, everything i could ever need, and I'm just thinking that, what the 360 can offer, still cant, out do what my custom xbox can do.

Looking at the games for the 360, GRAW was the only one i cared about, and from what i have heard/read/spoken to friends about, its a let down.

According to the Ms propaganda, the 360 launch was the greatest ever!...hmmm, i don't see it that way, the majority of games all buggy for online play, hardware failures, stock problems.

I'm now thinking of holding off, and seeing what the Ps3 will be like, unless there is a game that simply will blow me away on the 360, and the hardware price will comes down, (Xmas 2006 at a guess) i don't think i will be buying one.

C`mon Mr Sony....impress me!

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how many people who have 360s are unhappy because they have them.
luckyelbow
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm wondering the same thing myself. I've been waiting patiently since early Nov for a free one to come my way...long story there...and now this might be coming my way with the amped production. yessss.

but, other than Fight Night and PGR3 none of the other games have really jumped out at me. Oblivion might be fun for a while, but for $70 ?!?! the only game i'm most getting excited about would be downloading Gauntlet from xbox arcade. Very Happy

how are GRAW and PDZ multiplayer. people still having issues with playing this over kai? any other 360 games that have decent multiplayer?
MattMan
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckyelbow wrote:

how are GRAW and PDZ multiplayer. people still having issues with playing this over kai? any other 360 games that have decent multiplayer?

yea there is still at 40 ping limit on thies games

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just got my 360 today.. im pretty satisfied with my purchase.. Graphix looks really good on my 14inch tv even tho not HD. What blew me away was the Dashboard and online services. Not as good as XBMC tho lol... The only game right now i have is PDZ. Single player is bleah. Multiplayer is pretty engaging.. And no auto-aim like most FPS. Requires some skill... next on my list is GRAW and Oblivion..

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dy-namo wrote:
next on my list is GRAW and Oblivion..
GRAW is a damn fine game, if you get Oblivion, make sure you get it from a GAME store, so if your not that impressed you can get your money back no problem. I couldnt get into it myself, just got bored quickly with it, but then Im not a hard core RPG gamer anyway Wink

http://www.frozenmemory.co.uk/
luckyelbow
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah i tried the Elder Scrolls 3 for about 10 minutes and was like eh. I had played a lot of Fable and liked it much better. Something about that 'roll of the dice' attacks just never really won me over.

any new game i'm going to pick up though is going to be one with multiplayer. for me it's just so much better playing against others vs AI.
BroKenMan-Redskull
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you mean duke. Before 360 was out i was planning on buying it right off the bat. Then when i couldnt get it on release date due to the mob of people sleeping outsited i had to wait it out. Even just a couple days later i lost my desire to buy it at all.

The games that i find a tad interesting are PDZ and GRAW. Also Halo 3 depenidng on how they make (even though most of the forum is not a fan of halo i still play it once in a while). But still, i hardly play games that much anymore due to its almost summer time and im ready to tear up the brand new skatepark in town. Spending $400 on just a councle right now just isnt a priorety when the xbox more than gets the job done for me.

Theres ganna have to be another addicting game to get me back on the gaming scene. I just dont see it comeing right now.

dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Paintwister wrote:
dy-namo wrote:
next on my list is GRAW and Oblivion..
GRAW is a damn fine game, if you get Oblivion, make sure you get it from a GAME store, so if your not that impressed you can get your money back no problem. I couldnt get into it myself, just got bored quickly with it, but then Im not a hard core RPG gamer anyway Wink

Playing GRAW demo right now... lol.. only boneyard map. Tight game..

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dy-namo wrote:
Playing GRAW demo right now... lol.. only boneyard map. Tight game..

That's one of the worst maps in the game (and there are only 10). It's ok for up to maybe 6 or 8 people, but it's too small for a full room. I have no idea why they picked that one for the demo...
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

glad to hear that its one of the worst map... i find it pretty dark, had to use the night vision most of the time.. and things are all over the place.. ive yet to see the rest of the maps when i get graw next saturday. Razz

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dy-namo wrote:
glad to hear that its one of the worst map... i find it pretty dark, had to use the night vision most of the time..

Turn the brightness up to 5 or 6.. It's in the options somewhere. Dry Dock is the only one that I still use night vision on (it's also my pick for worst map, although it would probably be great in Splinter Cell)
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my 360 in December. I've been satified with it 100% and with all of the games I've got too. Only thing I'm not satisfied with is some of the media capabilities but that's it....

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm 100% satisfied with mine too. I rarely boot up my xbox anymore (only for practice). Theres a huge difference in graphics from the 360 and xbox.

I'm not a RPG fan either and could not play Morrowmind long before giving up but Oblivion is addictive. They have made it more accessable to the average gamer. It's the only game i'm playing at the moment although all my other games (Fight Night3, Call of Duty 2, PGR3, GRAW) are excellent.

If I were to have any grips about the 360, all I can come up with is, the load times and from some of the demos I played, frame rate issues. I guess developers will be able to optimise for the 360 over time and these are still the first batch of games.

XCTtyler
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

360 is the best. Enough said tired of these topics- Never heard of anybody being upset that they got one.

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XCTtyler wrote:
360 is the best. Enough said tired of these topics- Never heard of anybody being upset that they got one.

Dont reply to them!

Sure give me one for free, and i`ll love it. Spend my hard earned money on it......not right now.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everything has it's goods and bads. The only game i care about is Graw and for me, it was impressive. The sinlge player mode alone is amazing. The only thing i dont like is not being able to invite friends to a ranked game.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juicers wrote:
Everything has it's goods and bads. The only game i care about is Graw and for me, it was impressive. The sinlge player mode alone is amazing. The only thing i dont like is not being able to invite friends to a ranked game.

i hate that. Can you do a glitch like in splinter cell to get your friend in? Thats pretty much the only reason why i play multiplayer otherwise its not that fun.

boxorox
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BroKenMan-Redskull wrote:
Juicers wrote:

i hate that. Can you do a glitch like in splinter cell to get your friend in? Thats pretty much the only reason why i play multiplayer otherwise its not that fun.

Ummm...it works fine if you don't insist on playing in a "ranked" game.

The question is really.....are you in it for playing with friends or rankings?

Hijack!
back on track>>
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

one other thing i dont like about 360 is the EA servers...they suck big basket balls! every time i make a room or join a room i get dropped. This happends in need for speed and fight night round 3. it doesnt happen that much in gr3. the only time it really happends in gr3 is when im hosting a ranked room and im using that hosting glitch to keep the room open instead of it dropping.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic