FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 What a let down.. View next topic
View previous topic
Paintwister
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Been looking forward to Battlefield Modern combat for a while now, and yet again EA screwed it up .. no system link !!!! And unless you create your own XBL clan, theres doesnt appear to be anyway to create your own games on XBL either .. Sad[/b]

http://www.frozenmemory.co.uk/
Stormforce
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I was well gutted when I first booted up the game to find out it had only xbl multiplayer, but like every other 360 game with system link I'm sure it would have had ping restrictions.....ah well, just means I have to get xbl now.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

better start loving the xbox 1 games alot more if you wanna keep up with your system link play.

Hopefully PS3 and Revolution dont mess it up.

MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BF:MC only runs on dedicated servers. There was no chance it would have been system link even if it wasn't an EA game.
boxorox
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People give EA too much credit......they didn't make the game, they just publish it and provide the servers.......and spam. Razz
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so is the game any good? demo's graphic sucked big time...

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

redwolf wrote:
so is the game any good? demo's graphic sucked big time...

I honestly think it's a better game than GRAW....as far as multiplayer goes. I also think the graphics are everybit as good, but.......if you have played the xbox version.......this is the same cept the HD part.

I like the single player part of GRAW better, but I do also enjoy the bf2 single player game....I think it's quite innovative.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the 360 version, did they add the ability to set up private games (ranked or unranked, I don't care)?
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

boxorox wrote:
and provide the servers
gonna go bit off topic. i think most, if not all PS3 games will have their own game publishers providing their own server similer to PC game, and hopefully no account charge as price will be included in the games Confused

boxorox wrote:
I also think the graphics are everybit as good, but.......if you have played the xbox version.......this is the same cept the HD part.
demo has jaggys every where Shocked

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

redwolf wrote:
boxorox wrote:
and provide the servers
gonna go bit off topic. i think most, if not all PS3 games will have their own game publishers providing their own server similer to PC game, and hopefully no account charge as price will be included in the games Confused

Can you say Final Fantasy? Me thinks there will be a subcription fee.

redwolf wrote:
boxorox wrote:
I also think the graphics are everybit as good, but.......if you have played the xbox version.......this is the same cept the HD part.
demo has jaggys every where Shocked

I didn't see any jaggies red. and I'm playing on a 50" projection screen.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Final Fantasy XI on 360 is going to have an additional monthly subscription fee even if you're already signed up for Live... Confused
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boxorox wrote:
I didn't see any jaggies red. and I'm playing on a 50" projection screen.
either you are miles from the screen, or that projector is really blurry Laughing

few different sites reported EA forgot about the AA, specially on the shadows.

gonna rent this first just incase, cos i hate jaggies Razz

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought this yesterday. The multiplayer on LIVE is constant action and was a lot of fun. I even came last and enjoyed every moment (one memorable moment was the enemy was speeding directly towards me in a snow buggy. I belive he wanted to mow me down but I stood still and fired at him. He got pretty close before he eventuall rolled off the snow buggy dead.

I also think this and Call of Duty 2 online is better than GRAW online. For me GRAW moves a little slow when your in the thick of the action. Frames rates drop too when there is too much going on online in GRAW. I didn't notice Jaggies on BF2...but then again, I wasn't looking for them. The graphics looked good to me and the multiplayer was smooth. The sound of the weopons on BF2 with my sub on sounded more satisfying than GRAW too.

Single player for me was hard. Enemy kinda respawns from all angles so you got to be on your toes and if you miss too many shots and get killed, the enemy can over run you. Multiplayer for me is where the game shines. Quite large maps and quite a few vehcles to choose from. You can hop on a vehcle and charge them or go on foot and try get to the flags stealthly. You have to press 'X' to chat I think on LIVE though which may not to some likings but it stops too much chatter and stream lines the chat to just useful information.

BroKenMan-Redskull
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TA-JudgeDredd wrote:
I bought this yesterday. The multiplayer on LIVE is constant action and was a lot of fun. I even came last and enjoyed every moment (one memorable moment was the enemy was speeding directly towards me in a snow buggy. I belive he wanted to mow me down but I stood still and fired at him. He got pretty close before he eventuall rolled off the snow buggy dead.

I also think this and Call of Duty 2 online is better than GRAW online. For me GRAW moves a little slow when your in the thick of the action. Frames rates drop too when there is too much going on online in GRAW. I didn't notice Jaggies on BF2...but then again, I wasn't looking for them. The graphics looked good to me and the multiplayer was smooth. The sound of the weopons on BF2 with my sub on sounded more satisfying than GRAW too.

Single player for me was hard. Enemy kinda respawns from all angles so you got to be on your toes and if you miss too many shots and get killed, the enemy can over run you. Multiplayer for me is where the game shines. Quite large maps and quite a few vehcles to choose from. You can hop on a vehcle and charge them or go on foot and try get to the flags stealthly. You have to press 'X' to chat I think on LIVE though which may not to some likings but it stops too much chatter and stream lines the chat to just useful information.

that review almost makes me want to go out and buy 360 and that game.

XCTtyler
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wasted another 65 dollars on the new 2k6 baseball game. The only 2k6 game that has been good is NBA2k6. 2k sports are letting me down this year, and they are forcing me to buy EA games!

MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BroKenMan-Redskull wrote:

Other than the HD graphics, it's almost exactly the same game on Xbox...And you can get the Xbox version for half the price of the 360 one..hehe
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BroKenMan-Redskull wrote:
TA-JudgeDredd wrote:

By all means, if you can rent 360 games, I would advise that with any game your thinking of buying. Everyone has their own tastes. Also, I have never seen or played the PC version so I don't have that influence that so many other have that when they see the 360, they'll be thinking the PC one was better instead of appreciating that this is still a good online game.

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this more inline with the pc version, or like the the sucky xbox version?

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's exactly the same as the Xbox version, but with HD graphics.
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's nothin wrong with this game online. Best online shooter experience on the 360 IMHO.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic