FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 First time user wants to know what xlink should do View next topic
View previous topic
kookiekevin
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, so I installed the xlink software and tried it out but I couldn't play (or see) any games. I only saw one user thus far and we weren't able to start a Mario Kart Double Dash game.

Here's my info:
Using the most recent version of Xlink Kai (version 7.0.0.5)
Connecting computer & gamecube (separately) to a router via wired ethernet connections.
Xlink software finds the gamecube fine and says my computer is network reachable. Xlink software determines its own port.
Xlink finds my ethernet card just fine; it says it's locked on.

When it comes to diagnostics, I typically saw bytes transferred in the "engine" spot at typically "72/72" when I was trying to set up a game with the other user.

On the box beneath that I typically see zero frames transferred with an occassional 1 pop up.

I logged onto the arenas and tonight I saw my first other user. We tried to connect to play a game but neither of us had ever connected a gamecube [he had connected an Xbox successfully before]. In the arena we weren't sure what to do, so we just tried telling our gamecubes to start mario kart in lan mode. My gamecube sets up the lan connection and then searches for a gamecube on the lan for the 180 seconds and times out.

other info:
Using a Linksys WRT54G router with wired connections. I'm using the DD-WRT firmware (version 2.3, service pack 1, April 6, 2006 release). I tried it with the XBOX KAID setting enabled and also disabled.

Since I don't see other users on but would still like to play this with a local friend and a sister in another town, any advice or hints on this process?

Kevin

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic