FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Connection Issues With Partly Wireless Setup View next topic
View previous topic
TraJiK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, so I've read quite a few posts on people having connection issues with multiple different setups, but I think my setup is slightly different from the masses. (Please correct me if I am wrong about this). My setup is as follows...
Code:

DSL Modem --> Wireless/Wired Linksys WRT54G v5 Router
                                                  |
                                          Wired   |  Wireless
                                      /-------------------------\
                                     |                           |
                                     |                           |
                                    Xbox                  PC (port forwarded as well)

Another PC is hooked up wired as well. But has nothing to do with the setup in my room. Anyways, I can easily FTP to my xbox from the wireless PC no problems. I can run Kai through XBMC, and view the servers right from my xbox, can even see the gamers tags etc with XBMC. But once I try to run the game and play, the games no longer exist, and cannot be connected to. I have also tried the old fashion way of running the kai app right on my pc, and with the same result, once the game starts, Halo 2 is what I've been testing, still no games show in the split screen menu. I am not behind any firewalls, and like I have posted above, ports are forwarded to 30000 as recommended. But I still can't understand why I can connect in my dash, but not in a game. If anyone at all can shed some much needed light on my situation here, it would be very appreciated. And once it's up, maybe we can get on and play a few matches together.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions or solutions, preferrably the latter.
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From my understanding, the xbox has to have a direct connection to the Kai engine. You could run Kai on the wired PC and controll it using XBMC and play. Having the Kai engine wireless is where I think your problems are.

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

moved to general help

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmm...i have the same type of netwrk setup as you TraJik and Kai works fine for me...i think either you have tampered with ur kai network settings, ur xbox network settings, or ur router settings, a bit too much, try setting them to wat they were b4 u tried playing w/ kai and also try other games
TraJiK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So in the Kai config, what have you set your profile to? And do you run it through XBMC?. I had no problems with a wired system, and now that is no longer an option for me, the wireless is the only thing that's stopping it from running. Maybe I'll just have to mess around with it a bit more. Set everything back to default and go from there. Thanks for the fast replies though.
TraJiK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sswajeta, what type of router and wireless card do you have?, because I can't for the life of me figure this thing out. I can ftp, I can SEE the games on XBMC, but yet I can't play them in the game itself. Where am I going wrong? All my IP's are static, and set where they need to be. All firewalls or gone, and ports are forwarded. I mean, there's obviously no connection blockage between my pc and my xbox, if I can connect to it. Is it my hardware that's causing all these issues? I wish I had a v3 or lower version of a router, to use the hacked firmware, but even then, I'm sure I would run into problems.
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The PC running Kai can't be wireless in that configuration. You'll either need to wire the PC to the router, or connect the Xbox to an Ethernet port on the PC with a crossover cable.
TraJiK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeh, I figured as much. I've had the same issues with, dare i say it around here... XBC... and have the same problems. I just couldn't wrap my mind around why I could CONNECT to the xbox, but not PLAY on it. Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciate the assistance.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic