FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 There are no sub-arenas in this area... WTF? View next topic
View previous topic
Coolsson
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi!

First of all my network is configured correctly using a router and I can finally find my xbox in xlink (thanx 3.01 alpha Wink )

But everytime I try to enter a Arena or create my own arena i get this message http://www.jaghatarmittjobb.se/xlink.jpg

I scanned the forums, but didn't find the answer, hopefully someone can give me a hint.

--
Coolsson
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay I will humor you for a bit. The picture you posted does not have any error on it. It is just telling you that there are no private rooms in that area. Maybe there are no users in that arena as well, but thats hard to tell unless you have the application expanded to see all options, or if you cycle through the arena views.

Try exploring what the icons do and how to use them.

Expand the app by clicking the arrow in the middle right hand side of the app.

This should help for now Wink

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hence the reason for us changing those messages in the next build.. too many peopel think they've done something wrong Wink
Coolsson
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well duuuh!

I know there must be a private arena to be able to join it (pretty obvious...), BUT I get the same message when I try to create my own arena for me and my friends to play in AND when trying to join a arena that do exist

(I mean, it cant be the need of a arena if I want to create my own arena right, otherwise there wouldn´t be able to create one right???)

Ive used the old xlink, worked perfect for me. creating rooms / joining rooms and all that...
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Coolsson wrote:
Well duuuh!

I know there must be a private arena to be able to join it (pretty obvious...), BUT I get the same message when I try to create my own arena for me and my friends to play in AND when trying to join a arena that do exist

(I mean, it cant be the need of a arena if I want to create my own arena right, otherwise there wouldn´t be able to create one right???)

Ive used the old xlink, worked perfect for me. creating rooms / joining rooms and all that...

Okay, just a heads up. You do not need to create a room to play ANY system link game. We created the rooms so you can find other users playing the same game.

Now with the arena error when trying to create an arena, you did not post a picture of an error so if you could recreate the error and post that this might help us along. But please make sure that the app is in FULL SCREEN when you take the PrtSc.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Coolsson wrote:

You really need to play more with the icons. When you create your own private arena, you are still placed in 'Arena View'. You need to switch views to 'User View' to make more sense of things. There are 4 views in total. Arena View, User View, Favourites View and Contacts View. This is all toggled via the yellow folder icon. I REALLY SUGGEST you keep the chat area open, so you can easily tell which arena you are in.
Coolsson
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hhmm.. I see, so the rooms are ONLY for chatting in the kai-version? Embarassed

One problem is still here, my buddies cant join my room... well uuhhmm.. Im gonna look into that now..

thx for clearing one thing out for me

--
Coolsson
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're getting completely misunderstood hehe..

In Kai there are arenas and private arenas. Private arenas are the equivalent of "private rooms" in XBC. You can play in an arena or in a private arena. The choice is yours depending on who you want to play with.

The chat is exactly that. It's a global chat. *EVERY* arena has a chat area. Every person who has expanded their window to show the chat is connected to the chat room (they show up on the far right panel).

In Kai, we don't have such terminology as a "room". Everything is an arena, or a private arena.

Why can't your friends join your private arena? What message do they get?
Coolsson
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok Ok!

Im getting the hang of it Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic