FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 installation on network View next topic
View previous topic
resnostyle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i am looking to install this on a ubuntu server. i have downloaded the files and i dont know how to get them to install.
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You didn't really give us very much info so I'll assume you don't know much.

1.FTP those XBMC files to your soft/hard modded Xbox and config them to make it either your dashboard or an application

2. Do what Jiffy Whip did to install Xlink Kai on Ubuntu
JiffyWhip wrote:
download kaid and extract them all into your home directory. the directory with your name on it...

then open up a console window and do this. it will ask ya for your password, but otherwise ya won't be able to move shit to these directories.

sudo mv kaid ../../bin
sudo mv kaid.conf ../../etc

next download jkai or gkai and extract them into your home directory

then go to applications then accesories and open a text editor.

Copy this into it:

Code:

cd ../../bin
sudo ./kaid

cd ../../home/(your login name)
./gkaiui ( if ya use gkai ) java -jar jKaiUI.jar ( if ya use jkai )

Save the textfile as Kai in your home directoy, then open your file browser and go to your home directory and right click on kai, the textfile ya just made, and select properties. go to permissions and under owner select executable.

Then right click on it and make a link. Restore your window ( the middle button between minimize and close ) and drag it to your desktop.

Now ya can just double click on the icon on your desktop to run Kaid, and the UI of your choice. Just be sure to run it in a terminal when it asks ya to, as it uses the sudo command and will want ya to give it your password. Smile

3.Have your ubuntu computer run the Xlink Engine

4..Configure XBMC go to settings--->programs----> and enable Xlink Kai and have it auto find(or manually configure it with the interal ip of the comp that is running the engine) the computer that is running the kai engine on it.

5.Use XBMC as your Xlink Kai UI Very Happy

P.S.-I aplogize if this doesn't work(though I think it should), I'm not familiar with linux. I just used my experience with setting it up in Windows to hopefully give you a general idea of how to set it up in linux.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, my problem is a little bit more complicated. (i have made progress since my original post). i am using a server which does not use a gui, and i issue commands via ssh. i currently have unzipped the install and have two files:

kaid
kaid.conf

i have altered kaid.conf to display my information. what is the next step to install the package?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic