FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Port forwarding help, plz read b4 judging View next topic
View previous topic
the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guy's, I kno you have seen like a 1000 of these posts, and i swear to you guys iv read all the posts relaiting to this, and all the tutorials and the sticky's, but i am still unable to get this to work, me and my friend have followed the instructions to a T and nothing, and we both work as network support engineer's, the only thing i can think of is its our router as we have the same one, and unfortunatly we have to use the one our ISP provided, BE (24mb broadband) has anyone got experience with this router or can help, I would realy appreciate it, thanks!
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

does the router have a model number or anything ? .. more info .. whats the problem your having , you don't really say .. try setting the router into DMZ , basically it forwards all your ports .. do you have any other firewalls running ?

whats your setup because if your ISP gave it to you its a smart modem so do you have that plugged into another router ? ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[tHc]hicaow wrote:
does the router have a model number or anything ? .. more info .. whats the problem your having , you don't really say .. try setting the router into DMZ , basically it forwards all your ports .. do you have any other firewalls running ?

whats your setup because if your ISP gave it to you its a smart modem so do you have that plugged into another router ? ..

they gave me a adsl router, i dont have the model number till i get home, i basically keep getting the port forwarding error regardless of the settings, but i will try the DMZ. ill get more info on it when i get home. thanks
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

k .. so whats your network setup ? .. i realize its an ADSL modem but since you can login to the modem it makes it SmartModem because it acts as a router as well .. sooo if you have that modem plugged into another router you now have 2 routers in a row .. is that your setup ? .. you have to provide a bit of info here ..

i miss those things we used to make people fill out that had all the questions about their network ..

and heres everything u ever wanted to know about DMZ .. http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/DMZ.html

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry, i only have the 1 router witch is connected directly to the adsl line, will get more info on the router, thanks again
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

k so do the xbox and your pc plug into this router ? .. is their options to forward a port a port when you login to the router ? .. what port did you forward and to where ? ..

(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure Hiacow's right. Most DSL companies now send out smart modems. You'll want to enable the IP of the PC running kai in the DMZ, and port forward from there. Sticking anything infront of it, will just bugger it up. I hate those things though. Personally i'd rather have my old bridge modem and my own router.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Personally i'd rather have my old bridge modem and my own router.

exactlly why i use cable internet :]

(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just switched to cable from dsl. My dsl was a load faster then my cable, but I am on the basic package of cable, so I share my bandwidth with the entire neighbourhood. With my dsl I had my own line, so I was guaranteed my 4.9 mbps down and 450 kbps up. Plus I was right down the road from the switch, so I got nearly all of my advertised 5 mbps down.

With my cable i'm advertised at 5 mbps down, and I can get 5.2 mbps sometimes, but its the line congestion that gets me. I did get 22 bucks a month off for going with the basic package though, so after my 6 months of that is up, i'm going to the ultimate package which is a dedicated feed at 6 mbps down and 850 kbps up. Right now the basic packages upstream is like 350 kbps, which is fucked up because the basic dsl package upstream is the same as the premium. Go figure.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

use this little guide to test your forward Gretz .. http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136261#136261

the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all ur help guys, finaly got it working! just 1 more question, im not sure weather i need <50 ping to play or weather there cant be more then 50 ping between the people im trying to play with? thanks
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

depends on the game .. if your playing regular xbox games than most of them can go well over 100 .. 360 games have a limit at around 40 .. xbox1 games on a 360 will work fine ..

welcome to kai :] .. what games do you have ?

the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so far i got quake 4, need for speed carbon, marvel ultimate aliance, Gears of war (that game is so dope! and i finished it last week Sad ) and call of duty 3/splinter cell
RubyJester
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey gre8t you never said how you did it!

I too have the router that Be provide as part of their broadband deal - it's a Thomson-Alcatel SpeedTouch 716...

And I too followed all port-forwarding, wired-instead-of-wireless, static-IP instruction I found...

And I too can't get the blooming thing to do anything but start up, say 'not yet', then sulk in the system tray!

Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers!
the_gre8t_1ne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ill have a look for you when I get home m8! but in the end i still couldn't play as i was not getting <40 ping for sum reason, so i just went Live instead and its prefect, cant complain! but ill tell u when i get home m8

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic