FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Do you have a wireless bridge setup? View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have a wireless bridge setup and have been unable to get onto kai in the past, please post here asap Wink

I am talking about the setup where the xbox/ps2 is connected to a wireless bridge and the PC is on a wired connection to the router.

I need to talk to some people who have not been able to do this or have to use the wireless setting in kaiconfig.

Ill keep checking back to see if anyone replys!

Ravenhavok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to use my bridge if possible.

Right now, i am "network reachable", but my console isn't being detected. Tring to work it out now.
spitron
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any changes in the future to get a only wlan setup supported?

i have a wlan router,wlan connected pc and wlan connected xbox

regards!!
spitron
Goathouse
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

spitron wrote:
Any changes in the future to get a only wlan setup supported?

So at the present time, this is impossible? My network here at home is fine, but earlier this evening I took my younger cousins to circuit city and they got a Lynksys Game Adapter for their system so we can play together. Nothing I could do could make the xbox talk to kai, but I did see the xbox from flashfxp. I have read all the facts and some things I never did was forward the port or turn of dhcp. I readup on their router and tomorrow I will give it another go.

The point in posting this message here though is to simply ask if this setup is even possible or am I spinning my wheels. And if so, I have an idea of a resolution afterwards for opinion.

INTERNET > CABLE MODEM > BEFW11S4 (wireless b router)

connects to:

> NETWORKED PC WITH EXTERNAL WIRELESS LINKSYS
> NOTEBOOK COMPUTER WITH WIRELESS NIC
> XBOX WITH LINKYSYS GAME ADAPTER ETHERNET BRIDGE

From there the LINKSYS operates totally wireless. It's downstairs and there is a notebook computer with wireless nic and upstairs is the XBOX connected to a Lynksys Game adapter as well as the PC running KAI, which also has a wireless.

I located the "REAL" and "VIRTUAL" MAC addresses as defined in the FAQ and entered them in the Kai config tool under wireless. When I did that I did make SOME progress. Was able to open up a chat window with my cousins and see their ping. I don't know if that alone means Kai should work, but no games showed up for them, but I could get them.

Would like to know if this sounds like it just needs the port forwarded in combination with turning off DHCP. And if so, port 30000? or 3074?

*IF* it's impossible to use and all wireless setup with KAI. Can I atleast use the wireless connection between xbox and the pci running kai if I hardwire that pc to the router. Or is it that the xbox and pc will have to be connected via cable no matter what, although the pc may connect to the router wireless. I hope that makes sense! If I do have to connect them, crossover cable, or uplink button on a hub?

Thanks is advance. Hope to have a few ideas by tomorrow evening, so if you can help - please do and I will be certain to post my results.

BTW- GREAT WORK!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic