FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 GameCube gaming - dead? View next topic
View previous topic
fennec
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I correct in assuming that GameCube gaming on Kai is pretty much dead? I mean, there are hardly any posts at all this year... Any chance re-kindling interest in it?
[1up]Rìçôçhé†
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it didnt have much to choose from in the first place, you can only play kirby and double dash for so long.... R.I.P. G-Cube

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if I would say R.I.P yet, mikecdc and I will still play a game now and then, and sometimes someone on my friends list will be on. What I do get tired of are those people who make rooms in the GC arena when they're not playing GC games... I haven't seen too many newcomers unfortunatly lately, but if you're out there, and you live in the US, you should post here, or message me, I'm here, and I'll still play a game of Double Dash.
[1up]Rìçôçhé†
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if i still had my game cube, i wouldnt be able to cuz i never had a net adapter
maby if i can get a gc for like 15 and a copy of DD i will hit you up on spot

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

At EB Games they might have some sweet deals just to unload GC's Wink
[1up]Rìçôçhé†
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah dueee i no but the net adapt

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would play with you, but I live in europe.
fennec
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maturion wrote:
I would play with you, but I live in europe.

Yep, NTSC and PAL versions are unfortunately incompatible Sad
honkatonk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so......who wants to play me in RE4? i call rockets!
fennec
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

honkatonk wrote:
so......who wants to play me in RE4? i call rockets!

I must be behind times... What does Resident Evil 4 has to do with XLink Shocked ? Or did you post on the wrong forum? Or did you mean something else?
honkatonk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hahaha
DarkCrystalMethd
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I signed on to XLink because WarpPipe seems to be dead. Now it looks like the Cube community on XLink is non-existant. I've been on everyday for a week and only 1 person had a GC and MarioKart, but no Broadband adapter.
I want to try that GCars thingamabob, but I don't have PSO(and nobody's selling). Also PSO's online servers were taken offline just weeks before I realized GC could go online. I don't imagine it would work without their servers to respond and provide the backdoor hack involved.

If you guys know of other ways connect (like getting F-ZeroGX or Smash Meele online) I'd like to hear them.

Will the Wii do GC games online? If not, then Nintendo really messed up the backwards compatibility they advertised.
fennec
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, first things first - where are you located? In US? Which state? Canada? Europe? This will determine if MKDD game would be playable or not (lag issue). Secondly, PSO I, II and III for GC online community (ironically enough) is actually growing. Google "free pso server", go to the first link, and read the FAQ and forums Very Happy .

DarkCrystalMethd wrote:
I signed on to XLink because WarpPipe seems to be dead. Now it looks like the Cube community on XLink is non-existant. I've been on everyday for a week and only 1 person had a GC and MarioKart, but no Broadband adapter.
I want to try that GCars thingamabob, but I don't have PSO(and nobody's selling). Also PSO's online servers were taken offline just weeks before I realized GC could go online. I don't imagine it would work without their servers to respond and provide the backdoor hack involved.

If you guys know of other ways connect (like getting F-ZeroGX or Smash Meele online) I'd like to hear them.

Will the Wii do GC games online? If not, then Nintendo really messed up the backwards compatibility they advertised.
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DarkCrystalMethd wrote:

Okay, this is about 6 months late, but...

PSO Exploit will still work without Sega's servers. You're telling the GameCube to use your PC as a server; thus it never even contacts Sega's server. If you want to use GCARS-CS but don't have PSO, I would recommend SDLoad or a Max Drive Pro.

GCARS-CS (and other software which uses the GameCube BBA, homebrew or official) does not work with the Wii at the moment. However, with the Bushing exploit, this will probably become possible within a few months, and Fuzziqer has indicated that he'd like to port GCARS-CS to Wii.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OGEV wrote:
I don't know if I would say R.I.P yet, mikecdc and I will still play a game now and then, and sometimes someone on my friends list will be on. What I do get tired of are those people who make rooms in the GC arena when they're not playing GC games... I haven't seen too many newcomers unfortunatly lately, but if you're out there, and you live in the US, you should post here, or message me, I'm here, and I'll still play a game of Double Dash.

i got a BBA from eb just the other day but unfortunatly i dont have a cross-over or another cat5 cable to use and my notebook wired nic doesnt support auto swithing but i seen a store that sells cheap cat5e cross-over. but i have it & MK : DD NTSC or is it ATSC?
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, i just bought myself a gamecube and mario kart double dash today. Im going to pick up a broadband adapter soon, I would love to try to play this thru xlink. I already play ps2 thru xlink so i should be able to get it to work.
-Ricochet-
PSP Guru
PSP Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i hope you can find someone to play with, honestly
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yea, i just got a broadband adapter for real cheap, so its no real loss if i cant find people to play with
LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lazyhobobum wrote:
hey, i just bought myself a gamecube and mario kart double dash today. Im going to pick up a broadband adapter soon, I would love to try to play this thru xlink. I already play ps2 thru xlink so i should be able to get it to work.
i have a BBA aswell & MK DD so i will add you to my XLink contact list
lazyhobobum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i added u as well, i wont really be able to play it until at the end of augusust when i i move back to school, because now my parents house only has dial up, while i still could try with dial up i kno that gamecube games already have trouble tunneling and need all the internet speed they can get

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic