FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ..Why you should buy Halo 2.. View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all know about the leaked copy of Halo 2, some of you may have downloaded it already. I cant judge you for that, your intensions may be pure curiosity. Just don't whore it around like you are proud of it, go out in the 2nd week in November and buy the game.

Why? Il tell you why:

Its the Xboxes final swan song
Think about it, will any other game be released before the 2006 release date of the Xenon/Xbox 2 that will have the significance or beauty of Halo 2? I doubt it? Bungie have had since 2001 to get the most out of the Xbox hardware, and if anyone can make the best looking Xbox game it would be them.

Bungie
These guys are a great games company. Think about it, did they "have" to put SysLink into Halo 2 when all other game companies are sticking with "Live! Only" multiplayer options? Don't you agree that Microsoft would be breathing down there necks complaining how users could simply use SysLink over Kai/XBC and shy away from Live!?? In the end Bungie gave us what we wanted. They listened to us. I mean, they have been promoting the use of XBC/Kai on there website for ages now, in my mind Halo 2 multiplayer was designed as much for Kai/XBC as it was for use with Live!

And not only that, think about the other improvements in game play they have given us. The re-working of the weapons so they are a lot more even, the new vehicle features, the option to play as a Covenant Elite. All of these ideas came from "us" the multiplayer users. Not just XBC/Kai but the 1000s of LAN parties the student campuses with fat networks. In fact anyone that has ever played Halo multiplayer should be prowd of the new features in Halo 2. Proud enough to go out and buy it.

It will set the standard
What other games does the Xbox have left to come out that even come close to the release of Halo 2? Well, how about Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. Two games that have been touted as definite Xbox releases. Will these 2 mega-titles be able to live up to Halo 2? You would hope at very least Half-life 2 would, but will it? Will the visuals be as crisp? Or the game play as intuitive? Halo 2 will set the standard for ALL future console FPSs as it is the FIRST really revolutionary title to be released.

It will be worth the money!
Just how much is Halo 2? $50-$60? What did you last spend that kind of cash on? Another game perhaps? Do you really believe that Halo 2 will not be worth this paltry amount? If so, you need your head examined. Come on, loosen that wallet and pay out for what could be the gaming experience of the year, or even the past 5 years.

Xbox Live!
OK, I know not everyone uses Live! Hell, I don't! But I tell you what, I will be cashing in the 2 month free trial that I have as soon as Halo 2 comes out. Weather or not I will keep "paying" for live! after this remains to be seen. But for die-hard Live! users or even just people who have shied away from Live! till now, Halo 2 will be the best Live! title by far.

Your a nice guy
Aren't you Smile

That's about it. As for me, Il be getting it. Il be getting it for Kai. Il be getting it for my first ever Live! experience and also because I truly believe Bungie will have made the single player campaign mode 100% better than the original.

So, to finish, if you download it, fine, just go out and buy it in a few weeks time!

Don’t buy it from some guy on DVDR for $5, it would be like buying a copy of the Mona Lisa printed on toilet paper.

If you have it pre-ordered, well done Smile you can sleep well at night. Don't be pissed off because people will have the game before you.

Think about it like this, imagine if there was a family on your street who celebrated Christmas 3 weeks before everyone else. Sure they would have fun, opening presents, eating turkey, getting drunk etc.

But when the real Christmas Eve comes around, how will they feel? Deflated, bored and ultimately ostracised, that's how they would feel.

Do you really want to feel like this on November 9th? Rolling Eyes

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay Jones. We will keep this unlocked as long as the line is not crossed with the massive amounts of replies from Halo-2 and Tony52.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
Okay Jones. We will keep this unlocked as long as the line is not crossed with the massive amounts of replies from Halo-2 and Tony52.

Im sure deep down even they know where I'm commin from on this one Wink

So guys, dont ruin what could be a plesent thread Smile please Rolling Eyes

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
faceless
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

most of the people i know are buying halo 2.. me include... i plan to get it at midnight... i almost can't wait!!!
Halo-2
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm always tge first 2 get blamed, lol

Yes, i agree about ths whole piracy thing. Do you how many people were playing this on xbc? In the halo arena there was about 1/4 of them had halo 2 as their info Crying or Very sad

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wanted to stay away from the whole piracy issue and just talk about why Bungie deserves your money.. But just real quickly - I'll admit I was *really* tempted to download the leaked copy just toi see what it was like - use it as a demo just untill I can get my retail copy on the 11th. But the resons mkjones listed are the things that made me not do it. Bungie worked their asses off, 116 hour weeks and everything. The game looks absolutely amazing, I can't imagine the fun we're gonna have on it come the 11th (unlucky for some, living in the UK Neutral)...

Anyway, I wanted to post more but I don't have time because I'm off out, but I've had H2 pre-ordered for absolutely ages. I've waited that long, a few more weeks is nothing. Plus the extra anticipation will just make the moment sweeter Embarassed

Cheers Bungie Wink hehe

Last edited by 3xodus on Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nukkus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I considered downloading the pirated copy, considering I have the Halo 2 limited edition pre-purchased(in full), but my consience stopped me. I have no regrets. Cool
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be careful guys... I don't like where this *could* be heading..
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had Halo 2 pre-order since 2002. I recently upgraded to the limited edition. I dont want to play it early because it'll really spoil it me. Also, Im Superman..........Truth, Liberty and Justice!! Exclamation

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Frankly I didn't want to ruin first impressions by hearing a French Master Chief.. Razz
[_Dp_]~NarutoKun
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its just a game i think everyone should just chill out! and do what ever they want to do as long as they don't give away any story details, its not like everyone here hasn't downloaded a game before Rolling Eyes

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have mine pre-ordered already

Jacks
Laughing
Allen626
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have Halo 2 Pre-Ordered. And it has not once been regretted. The only thing i have beef with Halo 2 is the multiperson per xbox login. You have to continue yelling at someone to push the b button to exit out. Also if you are in slot one you are not determined to get screen #1. Also you cant have people join on the screen like Halo1. Each individual person has to select through profile through a huge screen that takes up the whole screen, multiple people cant join at the same time they have to wait.
Key-In
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pre-ordered and awaiting November ninth, cannot wait to play this on Xbox live, and of course Xlink Smile
Blucid
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All I have to say yes, I may have downloaded it. But thats only to calm down my Gaming Hormones. I still have a pre-ordered copy waiting for me and I will still buy it and so will all my friends. BTW I have not downloaded it yet and dont intend to even though I REALLY REALLY REALLY want too.

Bungie Deserves my money Bill G. doesnt.

:gf: // Clan // Gaming // Community [Link Here]
lordzimbu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]{{superman}} wrote:
I've had Halo 2 pre-order since 2002. I recently upgraded to the limited edition. I dont want to play it early because it'll really spoil it me. Also, Im Superman..........Truth, Liberty and Justice!! Exclamation

how about this for spoiling... [no don't ban me its an innocent reply based on halo classic]

since its still a month off how bad would it be if you finished the game now and had to explore every facet of it for an entire month before it released.. shudder, what if you actually got bored of playing it since online play is impossible for another few weeks... now THAT would spoil it. having to listen to dumb people who have finished it on legendary 5 times and have found every possible trick. those are the chumps waiting for you on novembre ninth. think about that. thats the real spoil. no matter we want to save ourselves for the release, we'll all be n00bs at the mercy of those who've finished the game on legendary, and know every trick.
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It wont spoil it for me, I want the genuine article, which I do for every game I really like.

Plus I enjoy the satisfaction of seeing myself improve in multiplayer by comparing myself against those who have played it for ages.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

plus buy a headset cuz theres nothing worse then a mute noob.
lordzimbu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NarutoKun wrote:

THAN
ugh
-----

and yes you're right playing online roqs, like playing ut2k4 against aim bots butt clowns. now thats skill when you can win agains't a team with a dude with an aimbot. but that became too stressful after a while.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NarutoKun wrote:

A deaf noob.. Sad

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic