FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Console not detected.. View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FoxRacR17
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the exact same problem! I have forwareded port 3074 or whatever it is on both my router and firewall, tried disabling my firewall, and no matter what "Network reachable" is "yes", and it still "No console has been detected yet!" Whats going on?
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It COULD be the ISP. Hell I have roadrunner and I just found out they like to encrypt packets..or some shit like that. And the modem only takes packets that are meant to go to my address. That might make tunnelling impossible.

Time Warner owns Road Runner...so yeah.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. This is a weird one.

Firstly..

Quote:
Router A: With a complete setup, including setting a static IP re. http://webrun.net/~allprotr/diehard/tutorials/static.html and with forwarding the proper ports my console is never detected but "network reachable" = YES.

It's the CONSOLE that requires the static IP, not the PC. However, sometimes a static IP for the PC doesn't hurt either (in 99% of cases it won't matter). The reason we suggest static PC IP's is for people who are port-forwarding. If they point it to the current PC's IP, the router could assign it a new IP the next time it is restarted. This would make the port-forward point ot the wrong address. In saying that, most routers are pretty good with their lease times and you won't notice a different IP for the console.

If network reachable = yes, port-forward is good. Now, because we don't use WinPCap anymore, it always used to be the primary blame factor if nobody could see thier consoles. But now we don't use WinPCap, so the lesser alternatiev (that a firewall is blocking your console's detection) is the second best bet. It *may* be possible that there is something overlooked with the psSDK integration, but the amount of failure reports as opposed to success reports makes me think this is a less likely scenario.

Are you sure it is not just a problem with a particular game? Have you tried any others?

Secondly,

Quote:
I am having the exact same problem! I have forwareded port 3074 or whatever it is on both my router and firewall, tried disabling my firewall, and no matter what "Network reachable" is "yes", and it still "No console has been detected yet!" Whats going on?

Thsi might not be a problem, but it could well be. Port 3074 is the SYSTEM-LINK port used on the XBox. Use port 30000 UDP as the port-forward. However, network reachable reports 'yes' so that doesn't seem like a problem. I would change it regardless though. Refer to the above stuff about firewalls I suppose. Do you have one?

Thirdly,

Quote:
It COULD be the ISP. Hell I have roadrunner and I just found out they like to encrypt packets..or some shit like that. And the modem only takes packets that are meant to go to my address. That might make tunnelling impossible.

Has *ANY* tunnelling application ever worked for you?
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never used any tunnelling software, BUT, the old Kai did work once for a 3 hour period. Now it won't work again.

I continually get # of connections has changed in armored core: Nexus whenever we both hit start. I can get into a game with someone. I can see the ping, ps2 is connected, mac address is blocked in router, all that good stuff. We can pick our ACs, load data from the mem card (it will sometimes mess up here, but usually doesn't). Get all set but when we hit start what happens is someone is stuck at the "wait a minute" screen. The other makes it to the black screen (usually me). So it's desyncing somewhere I think.
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

are you using cheats in the game?

if so it is veeeerrryyy common to get out of sync errors

ill try to pick up this game sometime so i can figure out what the heck it even is

MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah, no cheats. I'm seriously thinking it's either the isp or the router. My connection, while fast has had a few problems.

It lagging in CS once every five to twenty minutes (doesn't do it anymore).

It has gone and disconnected and forced me to reboot the modem to get it to reconnect from time to time (also not doing that anymore).

Think that was it. The router just doesn't like port forwarding. You have to do the port triggering stuff to. Which I did for port 30000. Hell I then went to port 5000 just because I felt like it and it too can find my connection. Forgot to trigger port 5000 unless it's already being done since that's a mIRC DCC port. It connected fine with port 5000 (meaning it did the same stuff as it always does).

Eh...I wish I could try this stuff with a different isp but Road Runner is the only isp in my entire area..well besides some dsl one that's slower. It sucks.
Ravenhavok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay. This has to mean something.

If i go online with a "regular" game, let's say Burnout3, my router's log records an entry, such as:

"Time" --DHCP Lease IP----- 192.168.0.101 --to-- 00.04.1F.04.D5.DD--

Where the numbers are, i assume, are my PS2's IP and MAC addresses.

My router never records an entry while trying to LAN a game.

I can't understand why that would be.
Ravenhavok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Then i guess Kai isn't giving my PS2 an IP? Currently, Kai isn't giving my PS2 an IP apparently because it can't "find" it. (Since i never get a configuration statement)
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah FUCK I split the topic incorrectly lol lol Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic