video--> http://useruploads.mythica.org/view/Video_37.wmv

pics:
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=modder.JPG

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=modder2.JPG
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is that just a modded level ? .. i don't play halo2 but who cares if the levels are modded as long as no one is cheating ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really could care less if the level is modded as long as its not giving a unfair advantage. Cause level mods wont load if everyone deosnt have the map.
(-1T-)xXxSoLoWxXx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, they gotta put something like using mods or trainers if they host a private areana
(-1T-)xXxSoLoWxXx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe just tell him to put down using modded level or something
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i dunno .. i think that if its just a map than its no big deal if theirs no description or not .. maybe im just used to FarCry Evo where every single map you play online is modded/hacked/crazy/new .. new levels should be welcomed not banned .. after all you can just leave the game ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(LG)-Mortj109- wrote:
I really could care less if the level is modded as long as its not giving a unfair advantage. Cause level mods wont load if everyone deosnt have the map.

Everyone has lockout, its just this person modded theirs. Everyone is going to load it modded or not.

[tHc]hicaow wrote:
i dunno .. i think that if its just a map than its no big deal if theirs no description or not .. maybe im just used to FarCry Evo where every single map you play online is modded/hacked/crazy/new .. new levels should be welcomed not banned .. after all you can just leave the game ..

I would say he was modding, but I really wouldn't consider this a cheating mod, considering those frags are just as dangerous to him and anyone else. As far as i can tell he made the frags do something called chain spawning. All that does is make it so when you throw a frag... it will explode into 2 frags which explode.... then make 4 frags and explode them.... and it keep going till the map limits how many there are.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, your right, but i still think next time he should put modded map or something just to let everyone know he's modding, if he was chain spawning and changes the map, what if he had spawn mods that would spawn rape us ?
[BR]Dan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A modded .map really isn't a "Cheating Mod" because its just a plain retexture from the original map, it provides no advantage toward the player. And i really don't think he should label it. But when your saying he has modified his grenades, thats another story with weapons.

PS. Their can be level mods that make the user have all see through glass on every texture on the level, that could be claimed as a cheating mod.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If a map is modded everyone usually has to have the mods updated on there box to or the map simply wont load.
[BR]Dan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(LG)-Mortj109- wrote:
If a map is modded everyone usually has to have the mods updated on there box to or the map simply wont load.

Incorrect.

When Halo 2 is at the party menu and a map is loading, the host asks everyone else to load so and so map (lockout.map) in the root folder of /maps/ where the default.xbe was launched (etheir HD or Disk) for example, if you replace the orginal map (a retexture of lockout itself) and replace that map with the orginal name (lockout.map) inside the /maps/ folder halo 2 will load that map.

The only reason the map wouldnt load, is the host failed to resign the map after modding, or he has renamed his map a incorrect .map names found in the orginal halo2 map package.

I have done this trick many of times on Xlink Kai, and works.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok lets clear a few things up.

Everyone will load the map regardless if the hosted map is modded or not,,just like previously stated. However, depending on the mods done to the map will determine if the other players will see the effects of such mod if they are loading an original .map.

For instance, say the the hosted map was modded so that the pistol shot out rockets, well on the hosted map the person would actually see all the effects and damage, while if another player just loaded the origianal un-modded map he wouldnt see anything except what the pistol was supposed to be shooting,,, BUT, those bullets would still have the same damage as what the host was using, just that he wouldn't be able see the effects unless he had the same mod the host was using.

Morty,,are you sure you not thinking of the original Halo where if a person had mods on then they would get the famous,"Out of Sync" error?
xxrehabxx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ actualy you can easily make it so everyone see's what you are shooting. It's a very simple mod to the map. I believe it comes in AiO v2. And not eveyone needs the modded map. Only host. Thats all that needs to be there for everyone to see the mods and use the mods. Only thing the non-host don't see are skins. But that doesn't affect the gameplay at all.
SnafuPossum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well idk about yall, but i think that would be a cool effect for a WWII mod on zanzibar Smile

(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

heheh I own *ss with the M1 Garand...

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic