FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Networking and XBMC View next topic
View previous topic
Yoshee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know theres info everywhere on the networking topic, but my particular problem is that everything is basically working and I can play online, just not as the manual reads.
Heres a few queries if anyone can help fine tune my config.

Firstly I set up port 30000 in the KAI config then opened up the firewall and enabled the portforward - No good. I checked the firewall logs on the billion 7404VGOM modem and they showed that the orbital server was trying to communicate on port 34525, but naturally being blocked. I then reconfigured both the firewall and NAT for this port, initially with UDP only, and still no go. Added TCP to the protocol list and I'm instantly online, regardless of which port I setup in the KAI config. I retried port 30000 with the TCP, but still no go.
My question at this point is why didn't 30000 UDP and later TCP/UDP work, but 34525 TCP/UDP does.

My second issue relates to XBMC finding the tunneling server on my PC. Every time I start XBMC I have to disable and re-enable the KAI client before it will attach. I also switched to a static IP on the XBox because of the DHCP server on the KAI server software allocating me a dud IP, i.e. one that is not related to my network. Once the KAI has been re-enabled. everything works just fine. Is there a way around the enable/re-enable thing and can you disable the DHCP server in the PC KAI server software.

Lastly when I enter an XLime arena and select play at the XBMC end, I am greeted with a 'Can't automatically locate XLime' message. I know that I can start it manually, although it hasn't work on the two occassions that I have tried it, but a way of making the XBox find this game on the HDD would be appreciated. In case it mattered, I checked the ID listed in the KAI vector XML and it matches the ID of the XLime game. Any info on what makes the XLink KAI client on XBMC auto find the game would again be appreciated. Confused
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

doesn't matter what port works , as long as it works ..

XBMC bug .. its noted in the SVN , only does it in default skin , if you switch to a different skin kai will connect fine ..

try getting a different skin .. go here

http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads

download that ..

put this in as the address when you install that app ..

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/

than pick a new folder, right click on it and hit update SVN .. it will download alot of skins for XBMC .. once its done you have to run BUILD.bat in each skin, it will create a build folder which in that contains the skin .. the skins are updated fairly often so to update just right click and hit update again, it will only get the updated files .. enjoy :]

edit: and here is the UNOFFICIAL fix to the PM3 skin ..

"I just was able to fix it in PMIII. i did what they say! in home.xml under the DVD-Rom Buttons, i removed the second DVD Button, and i deleted the
"System.KaiConnected"-order in the Dvd-Rom button section. So finally i had just one DVD button whitout a "system.kaidconneted"-order, and the Kaid Button..." - CHDude

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
Yoshee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent info. This was my main issue and as you say - so long as it works, thats all that matters in the end.
The XLime issue is minor, so I'll fiddle around and see what I can come up with. Spend enough time and you usually sort it out.
Thanks again.
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had no problems at all connecting XBMC to the Xlink Engine when I updated to the most recent build on XBMC. Try updating your XBMC build and see if that solves your issue.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic