Connect the PSP using GW-US64Mini2G and other Planex devices View next topic
View previous topic
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crackgnome wrote:
I love this adapter.
It's WAY easier to use than WiFi Max, and cheaper.
One question I'd have to ask is if any of you know how to get past an administrator permission, so I can do this here at school.

what kind of administrator permission?
jcdeng
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

first off i have to tell you I have windows VISTA....

everything connects, but xlink kai can't detect my psp console...

the only step I missed was at the advance network adaptor setup, where you said to choose xlink psp and enable it, my list don't have that option... it only has 2 things on the left column --> receive buffers and transmit buffers....

HELP....
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jcdeng wrote:
first off i have to tell you I have windows VISTA....

everything connects, but xlink kai can't detect my psp console...

the only step I missed was at the advance network adaptor setup, where you said to choose xlink psp and enable it, my list don't have that option... it only has 2 things on the left column --> receive buffers and transmit buffers....

HELP....

Hmmm, I'd need to get Windows Vista to check that...
jcdeng
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you so much for your efforts.

This is the 2nd time I really hate myself for upgrading to Vista... First was when I found out FFXI is not compatible with vista... now this...
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi all, In AP Mode, you can open pages, in the psp web browser?? if you do, please tell me, if is needed to set up, the wireless connection ip manually or its done automatically, because mine does not works automatically, it shows "Connection Limited or No Connectivity", and yes I can play in Station Mode through Xlink, I just cant open pages and download game content, any help appreciated
wargray
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I don't have a wireless router at home. I am trying to make GW-US54Mini2 as an AP(Access Point) so that my psp can surf the web. Anybody manage to get it work? Cos I get an error messenge from my psp "Communication with the server failed. A DNS errer has occured. (80410410)". Any help is appreciated.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RDO6 wrote:
hi all, In AP Mode, you can open pages, in the psp web browser?? if you do, please tell me, if is needed to set up, the wireless connection ip manually or its done automatically, because mine does not works automatically, it shows "Connection Limited or No Connectivity", and yes I can play in Station Mode through Xlink, I just cant open pages and download game content, any help appreciated

AP mode is like a wireless router, basically it lets you get your internet connection in a wireless state to let other computers detect it. It is the way to play online on the DS as well.

Make sure you enable ICS with your active internet connection selected. If it still doesn't work, tell me what you did and I will test it myself as well.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wargray wrote:
Hi, I don't have a wireless router at home. I am trying to make GW-US54Mini2 as an AP(Access Point) so that my psp can surf the web. Anybody manage to get it work? Cos I get an error messenge from my psp "Communication with the server failed. A DNS errer has occured. (80410410)". Any help is appreciated.

Hmmm. I had this problem long ago and did this:
Make a new connection. (from the main menu go to the left most part and open Network settings)

Make sure it is Infrastructure mode.

Scan and select the wireless signal you want to use. (Obviously the planex device)

Make sure the SSID is not changed.

For WLAN Security Settings, well, you know what to do, if you enabled it on the usb device then enable it on the psp if not just choose "None.

For Address Settings choose Custom.

For IP Address Settings choose Automatic.

For DNS Setting Choose Manual.

Now here is the trick.
on the Primary DNS you must make sure it's 67.171.70.72. The Secondary one will not be edited (will be 0.0.0.0)

On Proxy Server choose "Do Not Use"

On Internet Browser, just choose the one you want.
Do Not Start-will not automatically start the browser
Start-will start the browser

For the connection name, give it the name you want, if I were you I'd give it a name I'd recognize as the browser connection.

Now check the settings, it should look like this:
Connection Name: (Free to choose)
SSID: (will be the one you give using the Planex Driver)
Security: (Will be on or off depending on your usb device's settings)
IP Address: Automatic
Subnet Mask: Automatic
Default Router: Automatic
Primary DNS: 67.171.70.72
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Proxy Server: Do Not Use
Internet Browser: (Your choice)

This is all you need to do normally, if it doesn't work feel free to post the result and I will look for a solution.
Poene
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, quick question

for some reason, i can never connect to the host of the room
i get my connection by running my modem into a wireless router, which goes to this computer, which the planex is plugged into.

i'm pretty sure i got the ports open on my router [30000, UDP and TCP].
im also pretty sure my firewall is open to the same port
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poene wrote:
hey, quick question

i get my connection by running my modem into a wireless router, which goes to this computer, which the planex is plugged into.

What are you using to connect wirelessly to the router?
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is using 2 wifi cards.
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiroregano wrote:
RDO6 wrote:

AP mode is like a wireless router, basically it lets you get your internet connection in a wireless state to let other computers detect it. It is the way to play online on the DS as well.

Make sure you enable ICS with your active internet connection selected. If it still doesn't work, tell me what you did and I will test it myself as well.

Connected the GW-US.. installed the driver (V 1.2.2.0) then tried connecting to xlink kai, it worked, but when I change to AP mode, it asks to use ICS, I click Enable, it tries to "get the ip" then shows an icon saying "limited or no connectivity" and after doing an ipconfig on cmd, just noticed that the wireless connection got a 169.254 ip, dunno why
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, the thing just worked now, after changing some values in the connection properties, then moving back to the first ones, I went into AP Mode and enabled ICS, it showed the right ip (192.168.0.1) the rest was just trying to scan and connect in the psp by infrastructure mode
Poene
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiroregano wrote:
Poene wrote:
hey, quick question

got the wireless receiver in the PC, and a LAN cable going from the router to the PC as well
Dagger_32
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can this be used to play Monster Hunter Freedom 2 online by 'tricking' it into ad hoc mode? I bought this because it was recommened to me and now I can't seem to get it to work. Thank you for any info.

Also if it does work, then do I set it up using this guide or the Wifi MAX/XLink Kai Setup Guide v1.6.07 (Make 7/Up Yours!). Basically I am asking what drivers would I need installed. (This is just to play MHF2 online, I don't care about any other game, heh)
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dagger_32 wrote:
Can this be used to play Monster Hunter Freedom 2 online by 'tricking' it into ad hoc mode? I bought this because it was recommened to me and now I can't seem to get it to work. Thank you for any info.

Also if it does work, then do I set it up using this guide or the Wifi MAX/XLink Kai Setup Guide v1.6.07 (Make 7/Up Yours!). Basically I am asking what drivers would I need installed. (This is just to play MHF2 online, I don't care about any other game, heh)

Yes, it does work, I've tested on MHF2, you have to use the ad-hoc mode (Station Mode) to play, and to download the game content, use AP Mode, the Drivers are the V 1.2.2.0 (10.3 MB)

http://www.planex.net/driver/wireless/GW-US54Mini2/GW-US54Mini2_Windows_v1.2.2.0_CE.zip

And yes, this was one of the motives I've bought this Wireless Connector too, just bad my HR is so low Sad
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poene wrote:
shiroregano wrote:
Poene wrote:
hey, quick question

got the wireless receiver in the PC, and a LAN cable going from the router to the PC as well

which wireless router are you using?
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RDO6 wrote:
OK, the thing just worked now, after changing some values in the connection properties, then moving back to the first ones, I went into AP Mode and enabled ICS, it showed the right ip (192.168.0.1) the rest was just trying to scan and connect in the psp by infrastructure mode

What values did you change? 0.o

And is it working well now?
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

went to wireless connection, and set the ip manually, it made the "Limited or No Connectivity" problem disappear, then I've just moved back to Obtain Ip Automatic, and tried multiple times changing from Station Mode to AP Mode, and always picking "Enable ICS" after 2-3 tries, it gave the right ip, then I checked if the packages was being sent, after confirming that they were, I've tried to scan in the psp, and it worked

now its working perfectly, connects in both modes without problems

Last edited by RDO6 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RDO6 wrote:
went to wireless connection, and set the ip manually, it made the "Limited or No Connectivity" problem disappear, then I've just moved back to Obtain Ip Automatic, and tried multiple times changing from Station Mode to AP Mode, and always picking "Enable ICS" after 2-3 tries, it gave the right ip, then I checked if the packages was being sent, after confirming that they were, I've tried to scan in the psp, and it worked

Let me guess... when the Enable ICS thing appeared, it didn't show you the internet connections until few times later?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic