FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Connect the PSP using GW-US64Mini2G and other Planex devices View next topic
View previous topic
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

in the first installations it disappeared after some tries, then reinstalling and trying again, it kept on showing, but gave me the "wrong ip" always (169.254...) but now it just gave the "right one" dunno what was the problem
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's some kind of problem the software or the usb device causes, I "fix" it by going to Station mode>AP mode>Station mode until my internet connection appears in the ICS window.

Don't know how yours managed to fix it, but nice going ^^.
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, actually I did the same u said "Station mode>AP mode>Station mode" the internet connection kept showing, but the IP itself was wrong, after doing this several times, the thing worked, I read somewhere that this was a common problem of windows when managing connections, for those who are still having problems my advice is, don't give up, one time the thing is going to work
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Want me to put your method in the first post?
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well theres nothing of special in my method, actually its like yours (LoL) no need to move, and I noticed that theres various problems with this device, lets just keep try to help those who need a hand.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate your support and I am looking forward to borrow your help. Razz
Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in advanced section under properities, i do not see any PSP xlink mode. All I see are receivebuffers and transmitbuffers.

everytime i start kai config, this comes up: "an error occurred opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. kai will not use this adapter." what is happening? im using vista and planex gw-us54mini2w
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:
in advanced section under properities, i do not see any PSP xlink mode. All I see are receivebuffers and transmitbuffers.

everytime i start kai config, this comes up: "an error occurred opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. kai will not use this adapter." what is happening? im using vista and planex gw-us54mini2w

That msg appears when the adapter has not been configured to work.
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:

Here says the same thing, I just ignore it, cuz the thing is working, about PSP Xlink Mode, I don't use Vista, so dunno if it is in the same place, but in xp (must be the same or similar) you go into Network Connections then must be a Wireless Network Connection # -> Properties -> Connect Using: PCI GW-... hit Configure -> Advanced tab, in there must show the network properties of GW-US... just scroll down to PSP Xlink Mode, like in the tutorial image.

other thing that is important is to make sure Kai Config is right, here I use

Kai Port/Kai Deep Port 30000
Enabled: PAT/UI/Engine
Network Adapter: PCI GW-US.. (of course)
Accept UI Connections: Any IP Address

After testing all, connect to Kai, and see the "Properties" of your connection (magnifying glass icon) that must show your Server/Public Address/Network Reachable/Network Card (US-GW..) and other stuff, just like the tutorial image, if all looks fine, test a game in Station Mode

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i sort of need help with this adapter. I play MHF2 regularly with it, and it works fine. but.... periodically it just plain disconnects and drops me from game. And by disconnect it won't find any available networks, and I have to physically take it out and replug it back in. It's so irritating! What could be causing this? I know the device overheats alot, could that be a possible cause?
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How does a wifi card overheat?
dohorehn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i don't know, you tell me.
fcyoss
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have followed the directions posted in this thread, but I am unable to use the US54Mini2 as an AP.

First, when I switch to AP mode from Console mode, it asks me to select a connection, giving me my local access connection which has the correct IP address for my machine.

When I select it, it gives me the error of "RALink WLAN card is not found." So I cancel the process. Update: This works now. My internet connection is sharing.

Moving on. I am able to see the planex SSID from my PSP, and have manually changed the DNS to 67.171.70.72 but I continually time out attempting to get an IP from the device.

What should I try? I'm using WinXP. Also, when I use the new software, and attempt to follow the guide, it does not create a new Connection but instead pushes me to use the proprietary connection software.

What can I do? I have the Wifi Max, but that driver causes my pc to crash everytime.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fcyoss wrote:
I have followed the directions posted in this thread, but I am unable to use the US54Mini2 as an AP.

First, when I switch to AP mode from Console mode, it asks me to select a connection, giving me my local access connection which has the correct IP address for my machine.

When I select it, it gives me the error of "RALink WLAN card is not found." So I cancel the process. Update: This works now. My internet connection is sharing.

Moving on. I am able to see the planex SSID from my PSP, and have manually changed the DNS to 67.171.70.72 but I continually time out attempting to get an IP from the device.

What should I try? I'm using WinXP. Also, when I use the new software, and attempt to follow the guide, it does not create a new Connection but instead pushes me to use the proprietary connection software.

What can I do? I have the Wifi Max, but that driver causes my pc to crash everytime.

Can you send me screenshots of the propietary connection software and any other thing you might think will help solve this problem?
dohorehn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

once again, does anyone know what could cause this adaptor to just drop connection all together? after working for a long period of time. It seems to do it randomly, could something be interfering with the signal? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Darksun45230
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. No, I'm not getting any message, it's just I don't see PSP xlink mode in Advance. I too am also using a Vista.

EDIT:http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26897

I tried following this guide. I have a GW-US54Mini2W
For I've done everything up to the point where I need to enable PSP Xlink Mode in Advance Tab. However, PSP Xlink Mode does not appear in Advanced. I'm using Windows Vista if that is the issue.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I mean I'm clueless here so ask questions if you must.

I installed the right drivers, I think... http://www.planex.net/driver/wireless/GW-US54Mini2/GW-US54Mini2_Vista_v3.0.2.0_CE.zip

This is the part I don't understand. I can't find PSP Xlink Mode in the Advance Tab!

Last edited by Darksun45230 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dohorehn wrote:
once again, does anyone know what could cause this adaptor to just drop connection all together? after working for a long period of time. It seems to do it randomly, could something be interfering with the signal? Any help is greatly appreciated.

What' the specs of your pc, net speed, and how much does it heat up?
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darksun45230 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. No, I'm not getting any message, it's just I don't see PSP xlink mode in Advance. I too am also using a Vista.

I hope someone with Vista, that made it work, can answer you

dohorehn wrote:

Haven't experienced it yet, but have you checked everything after this happened, like the Adapter Signal Strength/IP or if it is even ON. Does it works fine after some time off use? I've noticed that the thing kind Overheats, but I'm not sure if it could cause problems, how long it takes to disconnects 2/3 hours, more?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it's quite odd actually sometimes it runs for 2 maybe 3 hours before it shuts down.. and i mean literally shuts down. doesn't pick up any signal.

it heats up pretty bad, but I don't want to believe that's the cause of the problem. other than it losing signal quite often, everything else works fine.

I'm currently running Windows XP and using a run of the mill cable connection, doesn't seem like anythings out of the ordinary.
RDO6
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dohorehn wrote:
it's quite odd actually sometimes it runs for 2 maybe 3 hours before it shuts down.. and i mean literally shuts down. doesn't pick up any signal.

it heats up pretty bad, but I don't want to believe that's the cause of the problem. other than it losing signal quite often, everything else works fine.

I'm currently running Windows XP and using a run of the mill cable connection, doesn't seem like anythings out of the ordinary.

I have no idea of what is going on with your device, I've played for 2:30 hours with mine and got no problem (yes it does heat like hell), try contacting planex support and ask 'em about this techsupport@planex.net maybe your answer can help others

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic