FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 PS3 Warhawk on Raspberry PI works on current XLINK KAI vers? View next topic
View previous topic
davisum
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Main Question: Can two PS3 consoles work on the same INTERNAL WIFI network on different forward ports (30000, 30001)? I am trying to set this up here at home and then if it works I will take one to a friend's house so we can play via XLINK KAI and hopefully also play with other people on the Internet.

I've followed every tutorial I can and so far I can't yet get my PS3 (actually two of them) to see any games or show anything but "IDLE" on the XLINK KAI servers.

It was very easy to set up two Raspberry PIs (one V2 and one V3) with XLINK KAI such that I get REACHABLE and shows "CONSOLE". I have two different XLINK KAI accounts and so I log in with separate accounts, one on each RASPBERRY PI .

On each PI I have WIFI for the Internet link and the ETHERNET PORT for the link to the PS3.

I then go to XLINK KAI arena and both users show up and I can communicate between them with IM but when I set one for hosting a LAN game and the other for searching for LAN games, nothing shows up on the one searching for games.

I verified both WARHAWK versions are the same (Version 1.50).

Do I have to have two separate PUBLIC IPs or can I have two PS3s on two separate links to two separate RASPBERRY PIs which are each WIFI on the same internal network and port forwarded from the ONE external IP? I don't know if that is confusing the XLINK KAI servers or not?????

I've got multiple PUBLIC IPV4 addresses, so maybe I should try that???

I've been logged on to XLINK KAI servers for several days and don't see anyone playing WARHAWK, I would think there would be a bunch of people using it on XLINK KAI since the SONY servers are shutting down in 2+ weeks?

Internet
|
|
Router (Port Forward 30000 to RPI1, 30001 to RPI2 )
|
|
WIFI
|
|
WIFI RPI1 (KAI 7.4.33) <-> (Ethernet to PS3 #1)
|
|
WIFI RPI2 (KAI 7.4.33) <-> (Ethernet to PS3 #2)

Thoughts?

If this is too confusing, please let me know how I can simplify the description.

I think I'm very close, just can't figure out yet why I can't see any games or host any games.

What questions can you ask that would help solve this problem?
Demon27248
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, you need two public IPs for your kind of setup. If you take a look on Kai, you should see 'No Connection' between the accounts otherwise.

What I recommend doing instead is connecting a network switch to one of your pis, and then connecting both PS3s to that.

The 'idle' you see is a user set status. Instead, open metrics and see if there's broadcast traffic outbound when searching for games, and inbound when others are doing so.

davisum
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Demon, thanks for the reply.

I finally got it working with two Raspberry PIs on one public IP.

I forward two different ports, one to each PI.

I had to get a friend to help me find what I was missing.

I'll document it the next time I talk to him and post what it was I was missing.
Randy_SC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

davisum wrote:
I'll document it the next time I talk to him and post what it was I was missing.

Any more details on what was wrong?

I recently got XLink working here via a new PI. I have another, older PI lying around, and two PS3s. I'd like to use one PS3 for maybe hosting Warhawk 24x7. Smile

Thanks.
davisum
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never could get the original setup with two PS3s to see each other, one hosting a server and one as a client.

I finally got a network switch and connected both the PS3s and one PI.

This does 95% of what I want. I can host a permanent WarHawk server and still switch to the other PS3 and use it as a client to see my server and other servers.

The only downside is that if I want to switch arenas, it takes both PS3s with it.

I'm still not sure why the original setup didn't work as expected. My theory WAS that two PIs on the same external WIFI network were interfering with each other but I even put them on separate WIFI SSIDs and network subnets so they couldn't talk to each other and it still didn't work.

I then even put them both on separate EXTERNAL PUBLIC IPs and it STILL didn't work.

At the moment I can't figure out why. There should have been no way for them to interfere with each other.

The only way I can imagine is that if XLINK sees two external IPs in the same /24 network then it gets confused or or something. Since I only have 8 external public IPs in the one /24 from my ISP then I can't test any further to see what is causing the problem.
Randy_SC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, good to know. When I have the time, I'll try connecting my two PS3s behind one Pi. Thanks for following up!

-Randy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic