FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 MAC address clone problem? View next topic
View previous topic
s1lentline
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having trouble configuring kai for use with XBMC's integrated Kai UI.

My network setup is as such...WAN from wall is connected to main wrt54G router. Off 1 LAN port is a desktop, that is running my Kai engine (on windows xp). wirelessly, I am running another wrt54g with dd-wrt std firmware as an ethernet bridge. Connected via lan port to this router is my xbox.

Once configured right, I can browse the web from the xbox, get weather, etc. But I get nothing with KAI.

So here's where I've done my homework. I found out the fact that when an xbox is behind a bridge of sorts, you need to MAC address clone the xbox, bc kai filters out anything non xbox. So I did this. When I run the kai UI from computer to debug the situation, network is reachable and it succesfully detects the xbox. Then I can even select an arena from the computer, quick run up to my xbox, it works. The game is found, I can play. Then I try from XBMC. Everything config wise is correct. I get into the xbmc kai ui, I can browse games, arenas, etc. I can see all the active players. I click on one of the hosts to play like I would from the computer...Nothing. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've searched and searched, researched...just can't find a thing about it. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?

-a thought just hit me...maybe, since i'm running dd-wrt, I should just use the kai daemon of the router, and in so doing, bypass the downstairs computer completely. Could this be the easier way out? It would eliminate any MAC address cloning issues, however, I have no familiarity with this extention of dd-wrt
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on getting the xbox to work wirelessly with kai! Razz That itself is hard to do!

As far as running kai on the router, it would have to be a version v1 to v3 router (It says on the bottom what version it is) Ive got no idea why its not working in xbmc, though maybe you have a really old build, I suggest you upgrade to a newer xbmc.

Good luck!
s1lentline
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the reply

I checked into the router, it is a version 4. I remember now because I didn't have the space limitations of the v5. ( I got it back when there was no micro release, so if you got a v5 you were screwed). So I guess the kaid is out.

updating Xbmc ...just downloaded the latest release, and updated the xbox. Same old, same old.

I suppose I will just keep messing with settings until it yields some results. It does seem odd to me, however, that in XBMC I can fully use kai (as in, connect to the engine, and browse hosts, etc)but I have absolutely nothing in-game. If anyone has a situation like mine, I would be interested to know what you did, however, I'm not so sure about that, because my situation seems pretty unique.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XBMC is just a UI .. if kai works using the PC UI it should be the same. make sure on the computer you have 'accept UI connections from' set to Any .. also set your network card instead of autodetect ..

try this .. open kai on the PC .. go to an arena , check if the xbox sees a game in halo2 (or whatever) .. if it does reset the xbox , let XBMC kai take over , you should be in the same game arena , load halo2 again , what happens now ? ...

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
s1lentline
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So to reiterate the situation, it is as such:

I start kai engine on downstairs desktop, as well as UI.

Go into a halo2 arena.

Run upstairs, load halo2, and it sees the lan game and lets me connect and play.

Reset xbox, use XBMC Kai UI...it has me in the same arena and everything...

Load halo2, no lan games visible.

I'm not sure as to what I should do from here. Having Kai controllable by my XBOX would be very ideal. Does anyone have experience of a network setup such as mine? Where the Kai engine is not on router/LAN directly connected to xbox? I would like to know what you did.

It just doesn't make sense to me how the XBMC UI can browse hosts, games, etc(in other words, interface with the Kai engine) but fail to connect with hosts in-game. Could it be some port forwarding issue on 0.0.0.1? I have heard that when xbox is in system link in-game, it has an ip address of 0.0.0.1 ...not positive on that though.
-Atlas
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive had the same problem fopr years (yes i may seem kind a noob)
but everything dpends on how you configure Kai on your XBMC
you have to put the same ip as your network card (you xboxs ip)
after that, you put in programs/XLink Kai/you have to set up the ip of the pc thatsrunning the engine.
Good Luck!

Last edited by -Atlas on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Atlas
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh and in kai config on your computer you have to put engine only (so it can work with XBMC)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic