View previous topic
leftyfb
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? Yes
Is your console being detected? Yes
Brief description of your network setup: Netgear FR114W wireless router .. XBOX and laptop both hardwired to router
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? I don't use a firewall.
Operating System? WindowsXP Pro + SP2
Problem description?

/me takes a deep breath...

First of all, this isn't just a problem with my setup. There are a bunch of other people having this same problem. I can have at least 5 others reply here if need be, each with different environments and all getting the same error(s).

There are 2 different errors that will pop up during gameplay or sometimes as soon as we login. One, a few or all of us will get one of these errors. The first is:

We are sometimes able to keep playing as long as we don't click the ok button.

The second error will either show during gameplay, at startup or we can make it purposely come up on everyone's computer that is connected by one of us right clicking the engine icon in the taskbar and closing the engine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="kaiEngine.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kaiConfig.exe" SIZE="131072" CHECKSUM="0x50CAF1C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.2.5" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="7, 0, 0, 0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Configuration Tool" COMPANY_NAME="http://www.teamxlink.co.uk (Team XLink)" PRODUCT_NAME="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Configuration Tool" FILE_VERSION="7, 0, 2, 5" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kaiConfig.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="kaiConfig" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.2.5" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:57" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:57" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kaiEngine.exe" SIZE="417792" CHECKSUM="0x68C77AF2" BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.4.5" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="7, 0, 0, 0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Engine" COMPANY_NAME="http://www.teamxlink.co.uk (Team XLink)" PRODUCT_NAME="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Engine" FILE_VERSION="7, 0, 4, 5" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kaiEngine.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="kaiEngine.exe" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.4.5" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:37" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:37" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kaiLaunch.exe" SIZE="630784" CHECKSUM="0xD590F7D3" BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.2.5" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="7, 0, 0, 0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Launcher" COMPANY_NAME="http://www.teamxlink.co.uk (Team XLink)" PRODUCT_NAME="XLink Kai Evolution 7 Launcher" FILE_VERSION="7, 0, 2, 5" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kaiLaunch.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="kaiLaunch" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.2.5" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:27" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:12:27" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United Kingdom) [0x809]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kaiUI.exe" SIZE="917504" CHECKSUM="0xF0535729" BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.6.7" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="7, 0, 0, 0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="XLink Kai Evolution 7 UI" COMPANY_NAME="http://www.teamxlink.co.uk (Team XLink)" PRODUCT_NAME="XLink Kai Evolution 7 UI" FILE_VERSION="7, 0, 6, 7" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kaiUI.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="kaiUI" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2004" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="7.0.6.7" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="7.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:13:03" UPTO_LINK_DATE="10/21/2004 23:13:03" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="pssdk_dll.dll" SIZE="172032" CHECKSUM="0x69E18E2A" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/27/2004 07:38:45" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/27/2004 07:38:45" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="930304" CHECKSUM="0xCBCCF8A9" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xE7ED3" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.1106" LINK_DATE="08/29/2002 10:40:40" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/29/2002 10:40:40" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

This comes up in the form of the typical Microsoft error which asks if you would like to report it(no thanks).

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

With, each of us having different environments, i'm pretty sure it's safe to say upgrading our NIC drivers is not going to help anything. All of us have our ports forwarded properly. We are able to play the game for a couple hours sometimes without a problem. Sometimes we can't even get a game going without losing 1 or more people at each attempt. We have tried different combinations of people playing together to see if it was 1 person in particular but found that not to be the case. XBC works fine (as well as it's going to) so that shows our setups are in working order.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Check and see if there are any driver updates for your NIC, and also select your NIC in the Xlink Kai config tool.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a few psSDK updates we are going to be receiving shortly, but I'm not sure really with this one. I've never heard of anyone getting MS errors when trying to close down the engine :S
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm this is pretty strange.. lets deal with one thing at once..

First, the msgbox saying about orb disconnect.. It can *only* happen because of one of the things listed.. your Engine is maintaining a TCP stream to an orb on port 34525 - something looks like it is breaking this stream..

Either that or one of the other things your talking about it going on..

So, any way you could check that TCP stream out? Or narrow down where / when it's disconnect you?

TD

Also, are you all connecting to the same orbital server? Which one?

TD
BRiC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:
Hmm this is pretty strange.. lets deal with one thing at once..

First, the msgbox saying about orb disconnect.. It can *only* happen because of one of the things listed.. your Engine is maintaining a TCP stream to an orb on port 34525 - something looks like it is breaking this stream..

I've been testing XLink Kai the past few days and it's worked up until less than 6 hours ago. I also am getting the same error message above, when the UI tries to load. When Kai is setup to run engine only in the PC (PC mode or dashboard), it works fine. As soon as a UI tries to connect (e.g. Avalaunch attempts to connect) the error message pops-up and I am forced to shutdown Kai.

I thought initially since it was working fine a few hours ago, the reason might be that my "orbital server is down", which I still need to track and possibly change(?).

EDIT: There is no "changing" an orbital server... I just read the FAQ. Very Happy

Hope we can get some hints in the right direction...

BRiC
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm looking into it right now ... makes no sense atm :/

It's certainly an orb issue.. if any of you are into networking, find the IP of the orbital server which the engine makes the TCP connection to (TCP port 34525) - then *block* that IP from your router - but block it for *UDP* ... this way, the engine will not receive a ping measurement req. from that orb, and will use the "next nearest"...

I'm checking into this more right now..

TD
[SaD]TizzO
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if it's the same error.

But this happens when I fire up Kai and navigate to the arena I want, then launch the game and choose the systemlink option in the game Exactly at the moment I choose systemlink -> search for games (tried with multiple games) the PC client crashes and gives me a 'report to MS?' popup.

But the weird thing is, it doesn't happen every time.. Yesterday I couldn't use Xlink for an hour due to the above error (even when I first fired up the game put it in 'searching' mode, then fired up the PC client it crashed immediately), but afterwards I could play fine for at least 5 hours in a row with using both methods (first Kai then game, first Game then Kai).

Is this the same error we're talking about?

-tz

BTW my orb is 'EU core (advanced)'

Killing peeps since '03
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds just like the symptoms that these psSDK updates are supposed to resolve. We'll see though..
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it sorta does - but im not 100% convinced.. I'm looking into the whole thing now..

Apologies for the messing about guys - but I've been in touch with the psSDK guys - they're checking this forum, and will be releasing an update to their (normally) excellent product in about 7 days - as soon as I have it, you will..

Until then, i need as much detailed feedback from you guys as possible..

TD
BRiC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Went to sleep, got up and give it another go.

Did not change anything, but this time Kai started up without problems, engine and UI both. I am connected to the "US Secondary West" orbital server.

Strange.

BRiC

P.S. A different error, but Kai does crash once in a while under WinXP. I just have to restart Kai to recover. I'll post the error next time it happens.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BriC, are you able to do this for us?

Quote:
It's certainly an orb issue.. if any of you are into networking, find the IP of the orbital server which the engine makes the TCP connection to (TCP port 34525) - then *block* that IP from your router - but block it for *UDP* ... this way, the engine will not receive a ping measurement req. from that orb, and will use the "next nearest"...
BRiC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked,

Will do my best. I already have a rule setup to monitor any traffic on TCP 34525 with logging. If the error shows up again, I should be able to determine which server it is. I could also block each one until I *get* the error....

BRiC
BRiC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, circled all 7 orbital servers, all connecting without errors. I was hoping one would crash Kai. Smile

Will keep monitoring and report back should I experience any more problems.

BRiC
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BRiC wrote:
Okay, circled all 7 orbital servers, all connecting without errors. I was hoping one would crash Kai. Smile

Will keep monitoring and report back should I experience any more problems.

BRiC

So is the problem resolved do you think?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk,

It appears to be that way. Unless changes were made in the servers, it's just luck then.

BRiC
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well leftyfb did say it was "random".. he hasn't come back for a while, so I'll switch to Problem Solved unless someone comes back and reports it's doing it again..
EvilNike
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been having a similiar problem. I also connect ( a majority of the time ) to US Secondary West, and within a minute I'm shut down for some reason. All I get is the WinXP error message, and then Kai is frozen. I have to shut down and reload.

This morning, around the same time BRiC logged in, I also was able to log in, and now I'm back to the same circular arguement of shut down, reload, scream bloody murder, then try it again.

I've removed Kai engine completely, directories and all, and re-installed the program, but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm pretty sure I don't have to port forward, I was connecting to the orbs easily throughout the week, until Saturday afternoon/ Sunday morning.

I'm going to attempt to log in again a few times, so if anything blips on your records between 9:00 a.m. PST and 9:15 PST, that'd be me. Maybe the time frame will help isolate the problem, if its in the orbs.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my issue is sorta similar to this except the UI crash's when i fire up a second xbox .. i have to reopen kai with both xboxs on and than it will work fine .. happend in the old version as well .. i can't seem to update my network card drivers as i have a dlink530TX (DFE-530TX) card and dlink has no updated drivers for it .. the TX+ is a different card and the drivers won't show up .. i set kai config for the network card i'm using which made no difference .. also i know u know this TD but only one xbox shows up under performance :]

thanx .. kai rules!

edit: k i found what says its newer drivers for my dlink card on driverguide .. i'm not at home so i can't test until later ..
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

k .. i downloaded new drivers for my network card, installed them .. nothing changed, kai crash's the first time the second xbox trys to connect .. upon reopening kai it finds and shows (ya its fixed, sorry i didn't notice till now) both xboxs after searching for a system link game.. i have it set to the card and even tho the second xbox does use xbmc as the dash i have accept UI connections from local only .. this has been my only problem with kai since the first release of 7 .. no big deal just thought you should know :]

i guess this isn't the same problem as the rest of thread .. sorry, didn't mean to hijack :]
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hicaow wrote:
k .. i downloaded new drivers for my network card, installed them .. nothing changed, kai crash's the first time the second xbox trys to connect .. upon reopening kai it finds and shows (ya its fixed, sorry i didn't notice till now) both xboxs after searching for a system link game.. i have it set to the card and even tho the second xbox does use xbmc as the dash i have accept UI connections from local only .. this has been my only problem with kai since the first release of 7 .. no big deal just thought you should know :]

i guess this isn't the same problem as the rest of thread .. sorry, didn't mean to hijack :]

Yeah, we emailed microOLAP (makers of the psSDK) and they said it's a problem with some network card drivers. They said they'll send out an update with a week or two. Guess we'll just have to see..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic