mips port View next topic
View previous topic
lit42
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
two questions first:

1. I read somewhere that none of the current developers has the intention of creating a mips port. Is this still correct?

2. As there is a mips port for 7.0.0.7, could you state how much effort you had to put into that? Is the kai engine source POSIX compatible? Was it simply cross-compiling or where there a hell lot of changes to be done to the code?

Point is: There is no comfortable/beautiful solution to run kai but on the host that is the gateway anyway. I feel that the only really stable version of kai is the Windows version, right? Well, my gateway will not be running any Windows in the foreseeable future... I have tested kaid 7.0.0.7 on Linux x86 and kaid 7.0.0.[4|6|7] on Linux mips, that is an Asus WL500gP, and both segfaulted in similar places and lack some exception handling, which leads me to the conclusion that the problems do not originate from the mips port but the Linux version in general. Any opinions so far?

I do not want to urge you to create a mips port for 7.4 as I am sure you have reasons to drop that version, but as the amount of home routers running Open-/Free- or DD-Wrt is still increasing and such a version will be the only valid solution for me, could you please supply me with the things I might want to know before I think about trying it myself?
Nino522
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The source code for version 7.4 is not going to be released, see the other thread.
I hope that the developers decide to release an updated MIPS port as nearly every new home router is capable of running DD-WRT or a similar linux based operating system.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum