FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Newbie Trying to Play ACX Multiplayer View next topic
View previous topic
Mindripper
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did search a number of topics in your Help query section before sending this e-mail. I appreciate your patience and consideration.

I'm trying to set up using the multiplayer mode of Ace Combat X on my PSP. Folks on Gamespot are talking about doing this using Xlink, so I thought I'd give it a try. I set up an Xlink account, downloaded the software and installed it, and confirmed it using the e-mail link I received. My OS is WinXP, and I have Trend Micro PC-cillin Suite installed.

I am not using a wireless WiFi router: I am trying to communicate with my laptop's WiFi link and use it's Ethernet connection to a router/cable modem to connect to the Internet. This does appear to work fine.
It sure looks like the WiFi connection on my year-old high-end HP laptop can talk to the PSP (when I check 'Network Connections' it indicates that it sees something called PSP_AULUS10176_l_acex when I turn the PSP, and connects to it), but something seems to be missing. It does not appear to be a hardware or a software firewall issue, but I could be mistaken. I am no whiz at wireless connections or the intricacies of configuring firewalls etc.

I can locate this game on your list of arenas on your listing of supported games for the PSP but not an arena for this game, although the Gamespot postings clearly suggest such an arena exists on Xlink. I think I need to be connected to the ACX arena and verify the presence of another player in the arena before I can establish a match (either by hosting or joining his match).

And how do I set myself up as a host?

Please help me.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic