FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 new xlink wont install old xlink wont uninstall View next topic
View previous topic
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ooook so the title pretty much says it all but the error i keep getting is "kai blah blah" contains an invalid character in the file path or somin along those lines

any clues people?

xp sp2
uninstalling 7.2 or w.e the old one was
installing 7.4 beta (tried 7.3 same thing happens)
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

follow this post .. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32242

usually the roaming profile is the problem ..

-Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\

delete the xlink kai folder ..

re-install 7.4 .. don't use or even try older versions.

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[tHc]hicaow wrote:
follow this post .. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32242

usually the roaming profile is the problem ..

-Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\

delete the xlink kai folder ..

re-install 7.4 .. don't use or even try older versions.

thx much i will try it

edit: didnt work. i did everything they said to do...i cudnt uninstall from the control panel and got the same error. there was no xlink folder in the appdata folder and i ran the program everything seemed to go fine.

end result still cant install and i still get "the folder path 'xlink kai evolution vii' contains an invalid character" error
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bump
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Rubbr, thanks for reminding us of this thread and thanks for your eagerness to get the new Kai running.

There is a new build coming out shortly that may resolve some of the issues you have been having. Please wait a few more days for the release and see if it 'works' for you.

-p

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i was getting the same problem as him with 7.3 but then when i used 7.4 and i use a wifi card and it was in ad hoc mode like this guide: http://teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649 says for it to be in then all that happened was the rectangle dialogue box comes up for half a second and disappears and then when i reconnected my internet and took out the ad hoc mode and then i tried xlink kai it opened up a browser and just kept loading

so will the new build work for me to?
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

prestige wrote:
Hey Rubbr, thanks for reminding us of this thread and thanks for your eagerness to get the new Kai running.

There is a new build coming out shortly that may resolve some of the issues you have been having. Please wait a few more days for the release and see if it 'works' for you.

-p

word thx i will just wait then...im probably switching over to linux soon anyhow so that should fix my problem either way...thanks for all your help
Ogygos
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm having the same problem as the title, but a different error.
I've been having trouble installing a new version, as I can't completely get rid of the old one.

At first, the old one wouldn't uninstall from add/remove due to some error about install version not matching the source.
Edit(found a quote to a friend in my chat logs):
" Ok there's no uninstaller in the folder, so I have to do it from add/remove. I try that, and I get a window saying "The installed product does not match the installed source(s). Until a matching source is provided or the installed product and source are synchronized, this action cannot be performed." There an option that says "Use source:" and has a browse button. I browse for the file they want and hit ok.
Then I get a windows saying that the file "XlinkKai-7.1.7.7-win32.msi" is not a valid installation package for the product xlink kai evolution 7. Try to find the installation package "XlinkKai-7.1.7.7-win32.msi" in a folder from which you can uninstall Xlink Kai evolution 7."
(I tried placing the msi in about 4 different locations. My documents, program files/xlink, my external drive, and just C)

When I was getting that error, I tried following some uninstall guides. I deleted the folder, I checked application data, I cleaned the registry with RegSeeker and C Cleaner. I even used Regseeker to manually search for any entries of Xlink Kai and remove them.

After all that was done, I attempted to install the new version and it merely says "The older version of Xlink Kai cannot be removed. Please contact your technical support group."

I'm out of ideas and hoping I didn't screw myself over by attempting to manually get rid of it all. Any help would be appreciated.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic