FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 IP Conflict Error View next topic
View previous topic
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Need some help, I've been having this happen on and off and its been doing it very often after a month or so. I've set my router to start DHCP IP's to start at 192.168.1.120 and up. The computer that I'm running is set to static at 192.168.1.102 which brings to my attention that my router is either not doing its jumb do to the fact that I'm getting this error. My router is a Linksys WRT54GS v6 and its caused nothing but ip conflict errors left and right with my computer.

Things I've done to fix this problem is change every network device connected to the lan ports of the router to static and separate IP's meaning there shouldn't be a problem with the IP conflict.

If you know a lot about networking do try and help because im beginning to lose interest in it.

LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

does your router have upto date firmware. the reason why i ask is because this router has had dhcp issues & i was going to say use ip address reservation but the wrt54 series routers dont seem to have it so setting your devices to static ip wont have any affect. i suggest seeing if your router is capable of using open firmware
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes and yes. Also i have another router WRT54G no S and well ive gotten ddwrt installed on it and it does the same problems but more, like unable to give out the DNS and ip conflict errors.

LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

question what type of connection are you using wifi/wired & what console are you trying to use?
kami623
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This happened to me twice on different routers. If this happens, just reboot the router. It will reassign IP addresses based on what port they're connected to.

The router gets Local IP : 1
Port #1 gets Local : 2
Port #2 gets Local : 3
and so on.. If any wireless devices are attached to the router, the same pattern will be followed. Local : 4 for first device, Local : 5 for second device.

This usually solves this error.
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOTRFAN wrote:
question what type of connection are you using wifi/wired & what console are you trying to use?

360 reg xbox pc laptop palm iphone, the wired devices are 360 reg xbox and 2 pc's, all are set to static ip to gain access to internet the rest are wireless devices that are running on dhcp which is 192.168.1.120 and up.

BTW Ive restarted this hunk a junk every time it did that and well so far its done nothing but gave me a 10 min solved problem then went back to the same status as its always been.

LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

okay well heres 1 of the problems. you have to set all of your devices to static ip or none @ all & let dhcp do the job also if you havent read on the linksys forums people on xbl have had problems with this router

also make sure your mtu value is set to 1500 & if you have an dns relay option disable it

this is what ms says is compatable(list probably not uptodate)

WRT54GS (v2)
firmware:3.37.6
802.11g/b

so heres a link to that thread http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksys/board/message?comm_cc=CA&comm_lang=en&board.id=Wireless_Routers&message.id=53331&query.id=77031#M53331
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

both linksys wrt54g are both version 6 except one has speed boost while the other is regular plus the dhcp part is set for only wireless devices as for lan all lan must be set to manual or else they wont be able to get a dns tried it b4 without static and well didn't float

LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how reliable is your dns server? for my 360/wii i have been using OpenDNS

XBox 360 Instructions

i'd give up on this setup then if it dont work & see if you could find a better router. the router i have is a d-link wbr-2310 hw rev a1(also known as a reboxed/different firmware DI-624) works well no issues
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i can tell you that Ive used both routers for about year each, but the problem i find with them is as soon as you update the firmware it starts to happen, they've been good routers its just that i need to find another way to solve this without having to buy another router. If you think about it each router cost me 60 or so bucks, most routers besides the linksys are way cheaper but the prefured routers are the linksys ones.

LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i see that linksys dont keep old firmware avaible online so that must suck. sure they may have bussiness class like features but there not usually utilized by the avrage user not to mention the ui is a maze to navagate.

personally i'm waiting for the standards body to finalize the n standard 1st since i had to replace my WiFi Max last year because it didnt work with my new vista desktop but now that i found the belkin driver i just use it as a client adapter.

have you tested the routers seperatly to see if they conflict with each other? also how is your 2 routers setup? example software settings & ports being used
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

linksys keeps old firmware available in their public ftp. If i remember correctly it's ftp://pub.linksys.com/
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOTRFAN wrote:

have you tested the routers seperatly to see if they conflict with each other? also how is your 2 routers setup? example software settings & ports being used

I've only had one running the whole time, it's like my main server basically. as for the other one it collects dust with DDWRT installed on it Which is one thing i shouldn't of done.

(-TU-)CrunchBite wrote:
linksys keeps old firmware available in their public ftp. If i remember correctly it's ftp://pub.linksys.com/

Link don't work for some reason

CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-SA-[TT] wrote:

(-TU-)CrunchBite wrote:

Link don't work for some reason

Bad link Wink Try ftp://ftp.linksys.com/ & ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/
LOTRFAN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe its just either a faulty router or the fw is bad. maybe reflashing it or resetting the settings to default would work? since powercycling isnt working. but dont forget to release renew your pc's ip addresses

i also remember FON had fw aswell(now listed in their wiki)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic