FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC, Kai, and hosting? View next topic
View previous topic
Harbinger0
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i have been playing non-stop Halo 2 online thanks to this new XBMC w/Kai. makes things much more convenient for those of us with PCs and XBoxs that aren't right beside each other!

one problem, though-- i have no idea how this "Host" thing in XBMC works. i'm sure SOMEbody has gotten it to work. does it create an arena? allow me to create a visible game in the network? after i hit host, enter a name, i launch the game as i would when playing, but i create a game. i left it running on the pregame screen for almost an hour and had nobody enter... this could just mean people weren't interested in it, but i know of no way to verify that it is actually appearing and accessable. if anybody can let me know what needs to be done to host, it'd be greatly appreciated!

sorry if this should have been posted over at XBMC instead of here, but i did ask there too and have yet to get anything except requests for me to send 11-11-2004 to them... Rolling Eyes
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

there was a bug in the earlier build whereby the private rooms it was hosting where password protected. this has been changed so if you get the latest cvs you'll find its been fixed, defaulting to non-password protected. soon i'll commit some more changes that give you increased flexibility over hosting private arenas.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic