FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 white wifi max...... View next topic
View previous topic
Comrade_Uri
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I have tried to follow three guides and I'm still stuck. The wifi max is new, just bought it today and I'm wondering do I need to follow the guides? When I install off cd it has the xlink option on the driver list thing in properties. Maybe I am just going about it all wrong, I also can't find the product number, it says 150n but I doubt this is it
XenogearsV
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Comrade_Uri wrote:
Ok I have tried to follow three guides and I'm still stuck. The wifi max is new, just bought it today and I'm wondering do I need to follow the guides? When I install off cd it has the xlink option on the driver list thing in properties. Maybe I am just going about it all wrong, I also can't find the product number, it says 150n but I doubt this is it

I have it and I can say you, it is very very hard to configure...then yuo must report where is exactly the proble...because can be a lot of things...

Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIH5BIjsfak
(I made the video for the WL-685R model, but as long as your saying that it got PSP Xlink Mode, then skip the driver installation in the video.)

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Comrade_Uri wrote:

What is your operating system?
Comrade_Uri
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok as of yet there is technically no prob. I brought this and thought it wouldnt be ready out of the box and a few things I found on here suggested this to. My problem is following the guides, either the drivers themselves dont want to work (the annoying yellow ! in the device manager) or it doesnt follow the on screen script e.g. the ralink options when installing doesnt match what the guide tells me should be there.

I operate both Vista and XP though I am trying this on vista home SP2 32 bit.

Also tried the youtube guide, I get as far as installing the driver but it still has the annoying yellow ! next to it.
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgot to ask though, what WiFi MAX do you have, the white one, or the black one?

Here's a little tip: Most of the Datel adapters (WiFi MAX/Link) don't work with Kai anymore. If you want an adapter that will 100% work, then buy Planex adapter. All of them works.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CriTT wrote:
Forgot to ask though, what WiFi MAX do you have, the white one, or the black one?

Here's a little tip: Most of the Datel adapters (WiFi MAX/Link) don't work with Kai anymore.

"white wifi Max"

It's completely wrong, bud. They recommend Planex adapters because they are way less old, easier to find, cheaper most of the time and had been conceived through a deal that they're certified to be compatible with Kai for sure: that's why they are said as official. But this doesn't prevent Wifi Max, both black and white, to be compatible too: they worked and will always work. But I know why you got confused:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199524#199524

Quote:
If I were you, I'd send back that WiFi Max stick ASAP. Not only is it out-of-date, but also it is no longer (or highly unlikely to be) compatible with Kai. A few years ago, this was not the case. However, times have changed, and so have these adapters.

When Rapture posted this at times, no one discovered how to make the white Wifi Max work. He was referring to the fact that some black Wifi Max packages were actually containing white Wifi Max. And since no one knew how to make the white ones work yet, he recommended to ditch Wifi Max in their whole not to be scammed anymore. But a lot of water had flown under the deck meanwhile: ROCK0 managed to. So the "Wifi Max out-of-date" thread actually is outdated too, despite it's still interesting to get a Planex instead to get rid of Zwlan.

And rofl, you give him your own youtube's guide and admit in the right next post it was bs since Wifi Max would have been no longer supported? Wth.

Comrade_Uri wrote:
Ok as of yet there is technically no prob. I brought this and thought it wouldnt be ready out of the box and a few things I found on here suggested this to. My problem is following the guides, either the drivers themselves dont want to work (the annoying yellow ! in the device manager) or it doesnt follow the on screen script e.g. the ralink options when installing doesnt match what the guide tells me should be there.

I operate both Vista and XP though I am trying this on vista home SP2 32 bit.

Also tried the youtube guide, I get as far as installing the driver but it still has the annoying yellow ! next to it.

The yellow mark "!" means that your driver's installation didn't occur properly. I assume you followed ROCK0's guide beforehand which tells a lot but lacks a bit of details.

There actually is quite a bit of problem with this white Wifi max actually: a very few of them still exploit the Zydas drivers instead of Ralink's thus your set up can be screwed up because of that.

Now please, check this guide and this one only:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36671&start=60

See the first part and after having double clicked on the driver ( http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs569.snc3/31039_102238946491988_100001176484302_17161_5139653_n.jpg ), can you apply the rest of the page without any trouble? Or does it give you a message like "This driver doesn't contain info for your adapter" or something alike? That's very important.

Last edited by Narolf on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was dumb. LOL.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I will give it a try and post my outcome. Thanks for all the help though and wish me luck
Comrade_Uri
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I think I have done it right, I don't have a belkin though so where to I go to find my psp when its in ad hoc?
Critt
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your on Windows 7/Vista, do this:

Right-click Network icon in the task bar & choose Open Network and Sharing Center. Click Change adapter settings, then right-click your adapter then choose Connect/Disconnect. Your PSP should be there.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Comrade_Uri wrote:
Ok I think I have done it right, I don't have a belkin though so where to I go to find my psp when its in ad hoc?

This doesn't change anything. You can still follow the guide without any problem. See the part 3.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic