FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Mac webui problems View next topic
View previous topic
adinth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello.
I am currently facing 2 problems on the mac webui.

Firstly, i cannot find any documentation where is the folder for skins of webui under the mac platform. typing /skins also turn up an empty list with just a cancel button. i am under the impression that mac webui cannot change skins.

Secondly, some japanese characters are showing up as weird characters in the webui. i have set my character set as japanese, even resorting to changing language to japanese. i've tried everything in the webui settings, and also text encoding of the browsers i have used on (safari4 and firefox3).

This is a screenshot to show what i mean.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/holyidiot/Picture2.png

as shown in the screenshot, some japanese characters are perfectly alright.
however, on the left hand side, some japanese characters are showing up as weird characters. Also, i have typed out 3 characters below and pressed entered. it has shown up as 2 letters; Ue.

hope this issue has a solution or a fix of some sort as i play with the japanese people quite alot.

EDIT: I am using mac os 10.5.6 leopard. kai 7.4.1.8
rapture115
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The mac skins are located under kaiengine > Contents > Resources (you must ctrl-click kaiengine and select "Show Package Contents.")

There should be skins in the UI (mine is set to "adium" currently). Maybe you could do a clean reinstall of Kai using AppCleaner and see if that helps.

As for the character issues, I have no idea. Sounds like an issue with the UI; you seemed pretty thorough with the language changes. Maybe an admin could help you with that.

Yes, it's possible.
adinth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the heads up on the webui folder.
however, in my kaiengine, there is no webui folder. unzipping the folder shows me that there are indeed no extra skins inside the skins folder in the zip file.

extracting the folder and deleting the .zip folder doesn't work; the kaiengine creates a new webui.zip.

so i zipped up my own webui.zip (with my skin), replacing the kaiengine's webui.zip and forced change the skin from the webui settings, which worked finally. /skins does not work either.

also, i am still having the language problem on a new skin, so i guess its must be something to do with my mac/browser/settings?

would love an admin's reply.

EDIT: I just tried chinese letters too, and they show up the same as weird characters.
SophieMarceau
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am jKaiUI user in Japan.
Japanese cannot be displayed in WebUI for Mac.
Please teach if there is a hint that mends something. Sad

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic