FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 "GOT HALO RUNNING LAGFREE" View next topic
View previous topic
Running_Riot
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everybody...i just wanted to share this little piece of information...whit all of you...now i'm not sure if thats the couse of it, but it got my thinking for a while...well here it goes....few days ago was playing halo on KAI of course...and it suddenly got lagfree...it was like if the other guys where just in my neightborhood....well...i was just happy about it..and then wen i was finnished playing...about to turn off my computer...i notices that my "msn" was on...and i went..."ohh strange.." well..then i forgot about it....until yesterday when it happened again...after finnish playing i saw that "msn" was on...now..could it be in some way that "msn" can help KAI to run better?....or it was the actual updates that happened yesterday??....i'm not that good at computers...(not good at all) thats why i'm asking you all...if that got anything to do whit my lagfree gaming yesterday??....

Ps: sorry for the bad spelling and the bad english... Wink
[IXS]eXodus
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I leave MSN running occasionally when I play and I haven't noticed a difference yet. The best thing that's happened to me while playing was losing the orb. I was about half was through a 2v2 with [IXS]TX, when the "lost orb, please restart Kai" message came on my screen, but the game kept running.. So we played on, and the lag pretty much cleared up Razz

I heard a rhumor a while ago that running certain programs in certain PC setups can help optimize packets - one example was real media player... I have no idea if that's true, or if it's what happened to you though.

Enjoy your smoother gaming m8 Wink hopefully someone can give you a better answer than me, but I never noticed anything different while running MSN personally Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

The updates didnt roll (I actually got 5 hours sleep last night b4 work - which has got to be this weeks record Smile )- although the mods have it for testing - and they havent started bitching at me yet, so I'm thinking it wont be long b4 it goes public. Afaik there's nothing Messenger can do which would make it work faster. The lag ppl have been getting in Halo comes from how Kai handles rooms with lots of ppl in - and the update changes how it does this, as well as a lot of other performance things in Arena.

Might it have been that u were in a private Arena playing Halo, with less ppl than in the Main arena?

TD

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic