FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 More XBMC and KAI problems View next topic
View previous topic
scotty2hotty1125
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the newest version of xbmc (1.1.0) and i configured it all (forwarded the ports 30000 on kai config and my router, and have xlink kai for dashboard use engine only) i can see my friends list. it shows all of them are offline<<<<not correct and there are like 5 games instead of a lot more. and there are 0 areanas. I also downloaded the Project Mayhem 2 skin and didnt have any affect. My computer detects that my xbox is using kai, but i cant see any areanas in xbmc... plz help already been posted in 2 other forums....and no one has had the answer. thanks.
scotty2hotty1125
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Update.....I figured it out...I had to launch the kai as normal setting it to accept any ip and never to close the engine. After forwarding the port 30000 it still wouldnt connect unless i went into the areanas and back out on my computer and then exited the ui for some reason, hopefully this may help others who are having the same problem Smile
scotty2hotty1125
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought that problem may have fixed the other one. Unfortunately it shows the areanas, but it is frozen at that screen, you cannot join any areanas, you can just see them. I think the problem is kai on my computer says that the network status is "Not Yet" even though i forwarded the ports. It says "Not Yet" until i click the "Areana View" button then the network status becomes "Yes". So what im saying is kai wont work with xbmc for me because if only the engine is running, i cannot go into areanas and back out to set the network status to "Yes". if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. thnks
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

scotty2hotty1125 wrote:
I thought that problem may have fixed the other one. Unfortunately it shows the areanas, but it is frozen at that screen, you cannot join any areanas, you can just see them. I think the problem is kai on my computer says that the network status is "Not Yet" even though i forwarded the ports. It says "Not Yet" until i click the "Areana View" button then the network status becomes "Yes". So what im saying is kai wont work with xbmc for me because if only the engine is running, i cannot go into areanas and back out to set the network status to "Yes". if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. thnks

No that's fine. The 'Network Reachable' stuff doesn't mean you need to be in Arena mode to play. It's required that you enter Arena mode so that the engine can ask, and the UI can update to either say 'Yes' or still leave it at 'Not yet'. You could be in Messenger mode, and your network *is* still reachable, but the Windows UI will still say 'Not yet'.

How can you not join arenas? You can't press A on them? Or it does nothing?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when i press A on them nothing happens......and on the UI on the computer, if i go into an areana and then close the UI but keep the engine running, and then i load up xbmc and kai, it shows the areana that i was in in kai, but i cant exit out of it or do anything else. and when i launch the game for the areana i was in, it just says no games found.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic