FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Unable to connect to other people MHFU View next topic
View previous topic
grandiaxz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can do everything in Xlink Kai just fine, everything seems to check out after following different tutorials. PSP mode is on, 6822 kbps download, 492 kbps upload. Whenever I join a room in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, sometimes I cannot see anyone in-game at all, even though there is someone in the room. Next, sometimes I see invisible people with an arrow above their head so you can see their equipment info, and I can see their equipment info just fine. Sometimes I see when people move around or start quests but cannot see their model but I eventually do if I stay connected enough and not quit to try to find another solution. When I actually MANAGE to see someone start a quest, I go to look at the board and there's nothing there. If I start a quest, same thing happens to them. I have tried different combinations of configs, restarting my computer, taking out the adaptor, re-installing drivers, re-reading guides and tutorials, nothing helps.

GW-US54MINI2W, Network is reachable, port is forwarded, console is detected, firewall and anti-virus and etc. is off, done lots of stuff.

I'm a little stressed and a bit pissed off right now to name all of the problems I've seen so far in my journey of wading through crap. I have tried for the past few days and today the past 5 hours to get this to work without having to actually make a long post on a forum for the first time after lurking around for years. I have followed ALL of the PSP guides I could find, scoured parts of the forum, searched a lot of different terms in the search box, I could NOT find an answer. I've found different topics with slightly different problems that did not help. It's possible I've missed something in the forums but after finding out that trying to get something easy to work is pretty hard, I'm pretty pissed off. I get the feeling there's some inside secret/technique that everyone knows about but never posts or mentions it because, "hey, everyone knows it, even the newcomers"! Like a lot of games and communities do, so I don't see any reason for this one to be any different.

Yeah uh, I might just be one of the many but yeah ummm, when I buy an adaptor on the front page of the main website and follow all of the tutorials just to try to get this whole thing to work, I kinda, you know, kinda slightly expected this to you know, yeah, uh, work, you know? Seeing how there are a lot of unanswered questions I guess I'm NEVER going to get any help? I don't expect a speedy response but I do hope for an answer to a common problem or at least a disclaimer saying that Xlink Kai is a little too buggy to be reliable.

Everything I've tried, from changing my config, re-installing drivers, re-reading tutorials and lurking these forums, has led to nothing. I've tried setting my DMZ to my computer's lan IP, setting my kai port to 0, enabling or disabling PAT, blah blah. I guess I just wasted $20 on an adaptor that was supposed to work?

I don't care if I'm wrong, I don't even know what I've done wrong so far, I don't believe it's me at all even if it is my equipment because I'm sure I'd have been told that that it was my hardware in my forum lurking. I just want an answer to this so I can play already.

I don't feel like this post covers all of the problems I'm having but I'll try to mention them if I can think of them again.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic