FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Belkin F5D7050 View next topic
View previous topic
germ0nik
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone have any recent confirmation of this working with Kai in Vista64?

I have Version 3 of the device, and have had no luck getting it to work with either any of its available drivers, or the ralink drivers.

Several people claimed claimed that xlink mode was an option under advanced with this card, but it does not appear to be with vista. I attempted to install the drivers in xp compatibility mode, but that didn't work, for whatever reason.

The ralink drivers don't seem to recognize the device.

If anyone has any suggestions, or can point me to a link if I am being a gigantic idiot, it would be appreciated.
kalani
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have the same problem as you do.

i managed to install and set-up the usb device but kai doesn't detect my psp... at all

i found a setting in the advanced section of the device and the option was called "psp xlink mode"

im not sure if that is for actual PSP's or power save property. im not even sure if im right about that acronym.
kalani
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think im making progress.

i found another topic in this forum saying i have to download a driver for the usb device

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=f5d7050uk&aid=6121&scid=283&fid=4272&fn=f5d7050v3-3.00.02.exe

im gonna uninstall the drivers that came with the device and im gonna try those ones..
germ0nik
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kalani wrote:
i have the same problem as you do.

i managed to install and set-up the usb device but kai doesn't detect my psp... at all

i found a setting in the advanced section of the device and the option was called "psp xlink mode"

im not sure if that is for actual PSP's or power save property. im not even sure if im right about that acronym.

Are you using vista or XP?

I actually don't even have "psp xlink mode" as an option under advanced. Currently using vista64.
germ0nik
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For anyone who cares, I got this to work tonight.

What I did was install the Ralink RT257X drivers over the Belkin drivers (making sure that the install was XP compatibility enabled).

That part was the real challenge as Vista refused to recognize them as the correct drivers, until I force upgraded them by selecting a blank driver in the "upgrade driver" category.

From there, it was just a matter of following the other common steps.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am the one who says this adapter works with Kai.

If you have any questions, pm me.
pauliazz94
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

germ0nik wrote:
For anyone who cares, I got this to work tonight.

What I did was install the Ralink RT257X drivers over the Belkin drivers (making sure that the install was XP compatibility enabled).

That part was the real challenge as Vista refused to recognize them as the correct drivers, until I force upgraded them by selecting a blank driver in the "upgrade driver" category.

From there, it was just a matter of following the other common steps.

Hi can u give me a step by step guide on what ralink driver did u use to install the belkin F5D7050 (and what do u mean about the insstall the RALINK RT257X drivers "OVER" the belkin drivers) ? when i cant even install the belkin installer in my vista... plz... need help anyone..
X-Mosska-X
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys.

So I got mine connected but it keeps disconnecting the wireless monitor so when I'm playing games I have to keep an eye on my laptop to make sure it doesn't disc, and if i does I have to hit connect again and people starting moving in the games again.

Any ideas how to fix this?
ThiefZer0
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ive been able to get mine connected just fine using XP, the problem being that people always see my ping as medium (140ms ish) to "bad", and i frequently drop in the beginning of quests in games like monster hunter unite. Anybody have a clue if this is fixable? Many people have told me that I need to dump the belkin and buy a wifimax or planex adaptor that has coding designed for kai.
Lucktheduck
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the same problem. I installed the Ralink RT257X but I cannot force my Belkin to recognize the driver.. basically as the main post says:

I have Version 3 of the device, and have had no luck getting it to work with either any of its available drivers, or the ralink drivers.
The ralink drivers don't seem to recognize the device.

So does anyone have a solution still?
aethynyc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just bought this adapter and i was dc'ing randomly (not too often i think) but probably every 2-3 matches.

And so i think i have this problem too. I went to ralink and got the RTX7 drivers and followed the guide here for xp to recognize my adapter: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37037&sid=3fa41338f01b4c606e172036ab769798

the guy says to only copy the .inf file but windows xp asked for the .sys file too so i went to my belkin cd and took it from there.

I haven't tested if it works yet (an actual match), but on xlink its all green. The weird thing is railink adapter won't recognize my adapter but windows wireless utility will...

Is that suppose to happen?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic