FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 BELKIN F5D7050B & XP/VISTA/WIN 7 32/64 SET-UP GUIDE View next topic
View previous topic
Takoa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I downloaded and extracted the drivers to the desktop like you had done, but when I try to update the drivers to the ones in the folder, Windows doesn't recognize that they are the ones to update and says that it cannot find any. I'm using Vista64 and the correct Belkin adapter. Any ideas?

edit:
I've talked to a few people and have been told that vista64 has numerous driver related problems so I think that starting off, that is probably my problem. Hopefully another solution will present itself, but until then I'll keep searching.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes sorry, I have only tested this adapter on Vista 32, so the chances are you may need to find alternative drivers Sad

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

perfect guide.. everything works just fine! Thank you! <3
jael15
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi, thanks for the guide..though i'm having some problems..whenever i reach the point where i connect to my psp (the one before the metrics thing in your guide), i can't proceed anymore..and, i can't check the metrics anymore..i don't see anyone in the GH too..btw, i'm using HP w/ the compatible net card w/ vista..
brkpro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi hawk!! i have a belkin 54g but not the usb wifi!! just the router wifi!! i dont know how to configure it! i think i can connect my psp to my laptop with wifi and my laptop to my router with wires!! but it doesnt work!! please help me!! i hope u see this message!!! my msn tinlocoxp@hotmail.com please add me!! thanks!! ;(
Gamicon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just one question.
I'm on a laptop
Can I unplug the adaptor when I'm not using it or should I keep it plugged in all the time?

I dont want to have to set it up everytime I unplug it.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Jael15

Im not sure what you mean. Can you connect to the network or does it error? Have you got a metrics button on your Kai WebUI? Is your network reachable?

@ brkpro

I have no idea if the router works or not. All you can do is try it. You may just need the right drivers but as I don't own one and have never seen one, you might be on your own for this....

@ Gamicon

You should be fine to take out and plug in the adapter at will. For ease, make sure you plug it into the same USB port as you installed it to begin with otherwise Windows might try to install it again Rolling Eyes

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So has anyone been able to get this to work on Vista 64-bit? I might buy this adapater if it does work...
midwestaz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have a question. i see that everyone is using this for vista but what about XP? im trying to make this work for XP on my desktop but im having no luck... is there a guid for XP? hawk if you can pm me or write a xp guide that will help a lot. thanks
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ midwestaz

I don't have a machine that runs XP anymore, I only have Vista and Windows 7 machines so writing a guide will be difficult Sad The adapter works, I imagine all you need to do is find different drivers. Just google it and try different drivers until it installs and you get the 'PSP Xlink Mode' appear in the adapter properties.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey hawk i think i got working for xp. its just that there wasnt any shortcuts! lol anyhow i had to dig deeper into the folders to find what you listed. im connceted to kai and my psp is on matrics but i still dont see people on gathering hall 01? what do you think is the issue?
jael15
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk_The_Slayer wrote:
@ Jael15
Im not sure what you mean. Can you connect to the network or does it error? Have you got a metrics button on your Kai WebUI? Is your network reachable?

before i connect to the PSP, i can still connect to the network, but when i connect to the PSP, i can't connect anymore..i have the metrics button, though after connecting to the PSP, i can no longer access the WebUI..

hmm..just want to make something clear, are these enough for me to use xlink?
~ psp
~ hp laptop w/ the compatible lan card
~ net w/ wi-router

because whenever i try to connect to the psp, it seems that my connection switches from the wifi to the psp..sorry, but i'm really confused..do i need to buy a USB wireless lan adaptor or not?can't my laptop use the PSP's wifi capability to connect to my wi-router?.

thank you.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@jael15

Stupid question - you are using the Belkin F5D7050 wireless USB adapter this guide is all about right??!!.....If not, you're posting in the wrong place dude....

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one question.

When I leave the gathering hall and then come back, my psp does not auto reconnect, I have to leave the network connection window open and reconnect every time I come back to the gathering hall after leaving.

Is this normal or did I maybe miss a setting or something?
midwestaz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey hawk, i got everything to work. (connected, online, psp on matrics) but when im in gathering hall room_1 i dont see anyone and no one can see me. what do you think is the problem? can you help me
brkpro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey man how are you?? I really need help!! Today i bought a Belkin 54g Usb FSD7050 as your! With the only diference that the version is 5 not 3!!
(i looked in the belkin in the back of the usb and then in the webpage) I have vista 32
I do all that u said in the tutorial!! i install the drivers for the version 5 and i enable xlinkkai on device manager>>belkin 54g adapter>>advanced

When i put "configure xlinkkai" appears a windows that says "warning automatic SSID detection is not yet supported on NDIS 6.0 drivers"
And then when i put "start kai" doesn´t appears
"Psp SSID changed to PSP_AULES01213_L_MHP2Q000" AS U SAID IN THE TUTORIAL Sad

please i would be grateful if u could help me!! Thank u a lot!!!
My MSN! please add me or send me yours so u can explain me better!!
tinlocoxp@hotmail.com

I sent u a pm with the same content so u will realise how worried i am!!!!
xDDD

Anyway, thanks again!!
midwestaz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nvm i got it to work.
brkpro
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok sorry for the pm!! :-/

Look i enter xlinkkai configuration (with mozilla firefox) and i fill in the blanks all as u said in the tutorial and when i put "save" appears "warning automatic SSID detection is not upported on NDIS 6.0" again!!
In "Network adapter" i put Belkin 54g USB...
In deep port i tried with 0 and 30000 and it still doesnt work Sad

Ithink that the problem is that the official drivers doesnt work!! and your drivers are for version 3! doesnt work with my adapter (version 5) :S

Any ideas??

Thank you for helping me Smile
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
1) Download the newest belkin drivers for this adaptor (v3, you probably already have them installed).

2) Copy the "rt73.inf" file and paste it somewhere like your desktop.

3) Uninstall the belkin drivers you just installed.

4) Download these RA link drivers here.

http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/IS_AP_STA_7x_D-1.3.2.0_VA-3.1.5.0_RU-2.1.9.0_VA-2.2.4.0_AU-2.0.9.0_VA-2.0.9.0_111108_1.0.6.0_Free.exe

5) Install the RA link drivers. Find the folder you installed them to (for me it was something like root drive\documents and settings
all users\ application date\ralink driver\RT7x Wireless LAN Card\drivers

6) Take the rt73.inf file you copied from the belkin installation and overrite the rt73.inf file in the RA link drivers folder.

7) Go to device manager, select the belkin network adaptor, go to upgrade drivers, manually choose the rt73.inf you just copied into the ra link folder. Force it through , it will take. (i tried all of the "copying settings from the belkin rt73.inf to the ralink rt73.inf and it never worked... xp wouldnt recognize the drivers, until i fully copied over the entire .inf).

You should now be good to go, once you get into kai, hopefully, you shouldnt be getting dropped from games anymore. It's worked fantastically for me tonight.

It is the tip for this key.

I have tried three times and there is no rt73.inf into those drivers.

It does not work.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This method does not work on Windows XP: once you get connected into Kai, it will result to the "Kai disables the zero config" glitch.

In this OS, I only get this key to work with the 7,3 ; "autodetect and lock" option activated.

By the way, do you want me to do a step by step with screens to explain how to use it on Xp?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic