FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Can´t see any games on my XBOX!? View next topic
View previous topic
Stien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, i know i aint the first person who ask this type of question! I have read all FAQS and help guides, but i still cant see games on my HDD! So how do i see game on my HDD? Do i have to searsh the hdd or something?
Zeth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

help us help you.. edit & add a proper error report..
hovee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got the same problem. I go into my programs and the F drive. And i don't see anything there. What is up? Do i need to edit a file or something to have the games show up?
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3696

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check in the settings for XBMC go to my programs and turn of the option to flatten directories. Hope this helps.
Stien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can see games now, but not HALO 2 and i see no servers eighter! Whats wrong? My XBMC looks totaly different from the XBMC in the tutorial, why?
Stien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm when i updated my XBMC to 2004-11-13 i cant see any games! I have downloaded the latest SRC and i put all the files there was in my XBMC directory, is that the correct way to install it? Please help!
madoo14
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure you are using the Project Mayhem II skin. This is the default skin and can be found at http://www.xbox-skins.net/.
Stien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, I have tried all day now and im getting sick of it! This is what i have done!

1.Installed Xbox Media Center 1.1.0 2004-11-13 [Y]
2.Put the files in XBMC_src-v1.1.0 to XBMC
3.FTPed over the files
4.Read the tutorials!
5.Atlast I tested the Xlink Kai, but no games appears!
6.Tested and older version of XBMC, and then it worked perfect with the game list(except halo 2) but i couldn´t find any servers!
7.Tested the newer one again, but as the last time no freaking GAMES!
8.Writing this msg!

The big problem is that i dont see any games :/ I use no firewall.
Please help, or i have to go back to Xboxconnect again Sad You are my last hope...
madoo14
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you switch to the Project Mayhem II skin. I had the exact same problem and it completely fixed it. The project mayhem II skin is REQUIRED for using the xlink kai UI.
Stien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, i have tried that now but it had no result! Still no games and i tested an older version off XBMC and i saw the games except halo2 but i didnt saw any servers so it didnt worked anyway Sad
madoo14
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try deleting the XBMC gamesave from the M$ Dashboard and reentering your xtag and pass
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh guys please leave the XML and the gamesaves alone, what did they ever do to you? Wink

Stein, get yourself a newer build, if no connection can be established you'll know about it.

Be sure you understand the difference between the Games and Arena views:

The Games view was previously linked to a hardcoded list embedded in the XBMC source code, in the build that you have and in subsequent versions of the CVS, we are now querying the XLink engine for that same list. Since it is maintained by humans its not always complete - from what I saw of it yesterday it certainly needed to be updated with the latest games, however judging from what I've seen today - the good news is that it has.

Next, remember the Games list is not a complete view of all sys-link games. It only has the games that you have played on your XBOX which are compatible with XLink - the Arena view has it all.

Finally, XLink are doing a lot of upgrade/maintainance work on the orbital servers. Sometimes the service will be down, hopefully things will stabilize soon.
davidadrake
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the same problem, and what I did to fix it was to edit the XboxMediaCenter.xml(using FTP of course). In the section "myprograms" (because all I wanted to show up was my games in "F:\Games")For "Default" I used "F:\Games" (Yes, it is case sensitive). in the path you can specify just the root, and set the depth to 2 or 3, which will get pretty much any program you have - unless you have them nested really deep. If you just want your games to show up, set the default directory to your games directory(case sensitive), and set the path as the same - the depth will depend on your method of organization(I have game folders directly in F:\Games\GameName)

Also, I thought I might mention in this post that XBMC is case sensitive, so if you set the default games path in the KAI settings, make sure you enter it EXACTLY as it appears - this will enable you to run the game without having to switch back to your programs(as I have noticed that "pressing back, and running the game like you would normally do" seems to be the only response from some of the mods) Wink
x1987x
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I downloaded XBMC 11-15 from a certain bins place - but i think it may be a damaged xbmc. The Project Mayhem 2 skin loads under the UI settings, but upon pressing the 'back' button, I see no icons, no settings, nothing - the logs state that a .xlm (I forget the name - not home now) is missing. So the skin is messed up, so I had to reload the skin into the skin directory, and now it works as a skin, but the Xlink Kai seems broke - which brings me here.

The Xlink Kai is detected by my PC, and connected to the Oribital (in europe forget - no at home now). And when I attempt to select the Xlink Kai button, shows Arenas, and Friends, and Games. Games has one entry - Halo - which is says 0 are playing always. Under arenas is the entry Games ( I belive - Again Sorry I'm not at home) and my friends do appear on the Friends list, but since they are addicted to XBL they're never on. I can't see any other games, or in fact any arena entrys really.
Do the Games or Arena or really any entries cache? I've reset the XBMC saved game but I still get this No Arena problem.
Yes I use Xlink all the time on my PC - I just wanted XBMC to save me some steps. Could the build be a pre-11-11 and mislabeled?

Xlink and XBMC need a single forum for those cross-over members, I don't really know who to post to, neither really seem to 100% understand the other half.
runtime

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only bits cached are avatars, the rest is downloaded from XLink. The Games menu had a bug fix yesterday, and several fixes have been made to Kai as a whole. See the sticky topic for more info. Recommend you build the latest CVS (18th or newer).
x1987x
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, for a while I thought I was the only one.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic