FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Planex GW-USMini2N Problem View next topic
View previous topic
Phanir
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've browsed the forums for an hour, looked through several different searches for Google, and have found no answers to this at all. Sorry if this has been discussed before and I over read a solution to this.

Anyway, I ordered a Planex adapter last week and it arrived 3 hours ago (yeah, I've been working on it for that long). I first started installing it on my own without any guides because I didn't think it would get complicated. Well, it did. I use a Belkin adapter for wireless internet (obviously connecting to my router), and when I installed the Planex drivers, they're sorta fighting over the connection. Every now and then, I'd get disconnected from the internet and then reconnected since the installation. I uninstalled the Planex utility and then my Belkin adapter stopped working, leaving me without any internet. I performed a system restore to try this again. I used a guide to lead me through this so it wouldn't screw up again. Sadly, it did. I apparently can't have them both running at once and am not sure why it's acting up this way.
After my third attempt, my connection seemed to be a bit solid. I loaded up Monster Hunter, joined the online gathering hall, and I saw it listed in my Planex utility (along with a bunch of other access points for internet, unlike in the guides). After I selected it, I started to load Xlink Kai when my net died again and for some reason, my Belkin adapter tried connecting with the PSP also and I lost internet. It continues doing that, resulting in no internet connection, each time I choose to have Planex connect to my PSP.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to add as much information as I can so I can get this resolved. Am I unable to connect with Planex while using a wireless connection like this? Are there any drivers/settings I can turn off for the Planex adapter so it doesn't try to connect the way it had?

Thanks for reading and/or helping me out with this complication. If my problem is a bit difficult to understand, I can perform all the steps I've taken before and keep track of them and the issues that occur to make it easier.

Forgot to add, I'm using Windows XP. Sorry if I should have posted this in the Windows section, but it's PSP related also, so... yeah.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Common issue.

Get the 7,3 version of Kai, run the config, select autodetect and lock and tick the "show dangerous NICs"(=Network Internet Cards). Valid everything and run the KaiUI.

Which Planex are you using by the way?
Phanir
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure I'm already using 7.3. I just opened XLink Kai Configuration and my version is 7.3.1.7. Will try with the settings changed a bit, though. Another problem is Planex and Belkin seem to conflict with each other; problems happen before I even open XLink Kai at times.

Edit:
My settings were the same as you listed.

Planex Wireless Mini-USB Adapter GW-USMini2N (Draft IEEE802. 11 n). Figured I'd list all the info. <.<
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phanir wrote:
problems happen before I even open XLink Kai at times.

?

Once the Planex installed, it started to conflict with each other even before Kaiengine.exe run?

There shall not be any problem with the config I gave you.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=71814445.png

It has to look like that with the 30000 portfoward if needed.
Phanir
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Other than having Auto Chat off, it is exactly the same as yours. Must not be a configuration issue.

I mentioned in the original post that the Planex adapter seems to like to interfere with my Belkin one (which I use to go online). As soon as I finish installing, I'd either get disconnected and reconnect every several seconds, be unable to stay connected to the internet at all, or it would "work," but when I connect to XLink Kai my Belkin adapter will also connect to my PSP, leaving me with nothing to connect to the internet with.
Not sure if there are any settings under the Planex in device manager I could turn off to prevent that from happening.

Such a complicated problem just to play Monster Hunter online. Lol.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phanir wrote:
Such a complicated problem just to play Monster Hunter online. Lol.

You know there is a famous proverb which says in computing, the problem is often between the chair and the keyboard.

Which Belkin are you using?

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=cache&media=73428699.jpg

Does it look like this one?

If so, both of your wifi cards are compatible with Kai and you will have to disable the Psp xlink mode of one of them.
Phanir
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Narolf wrote:
You know there is a famous proverb which says in computing, the problem is often between the chair and the keyboard.

That comment was not needed at all.

Yes, it looks like that. I'd check the specific version, but it's plugged into a rear USB port of my computer tower. Can't access it without disabling my net. And PSP XLink Mode is off on the Belkin because I tried using it months ago just to realize it didn't have promiscuous mode.

Edit:
Went to device manager. Belkin F5D8053 N.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phanir wrote:
That comment was not needed at all.

You are using an official product on the most used Os around the world. Your configuration is the same used by many others Kai fellows. Everything should and shall run smoothly.

I just want to remind you my comment was a respond to this one:
Quote:
Such a complicated to play Monster Hunter online. Lol

Kai is not complicated at all. Its size is only 2,55Mo, it does not have many features. People are making it overcomplicated for some reasons(certainly because of some sort of laziness which prevents them to read tutorials) but nevermind, we are working on it.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36282

Regarding to your first post, you did not follow that guide.

Apply it right after you completely removed your current Kai:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32242
Phanir
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I followed the guide exactly as it was written. My first attempt without any guide followed that same method, yet I did it again while reading that to make sure. I used Google to find other guides and it didn't work. I have read tutorials. Several. Over the past couple months even though I didn't have any adapters compatible for XLink Kai yet. Just so I could get an idea of where I need to head to when I finally did.

Again, all I did was install the driver for the adapter for the problems to start occurring for whatever reasons. There are only two different options during installation. Having done them both 2+ times each, I don't see myself doing anything wrong at all. With the couple rare occurrences which Planex and Belkin were getting along just fine, my Belkin adapter would suddenly act as the Planex one (with PSP XLink Mode off) and attempt to connect with my PSP, disabling my net.

A friend of mine suggested finding a way to have Belkin only focus/lock on to my router and I think I saw an option for that under the device manager, so I'm going to see how that works out and attempt to install this again.

Edit:
I managed to fix this problem. Although the logic behind what I did doesn't make any sense.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phanir wrote:
Edit:
I managed to fix this problem. Although the logic behind what I did doesn't make any sense.

What did you do if you remember?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic