FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Can't see games in SysLink menu, only create View next topic
View previous topic
Momus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? YES
Are you using a port-forward? YES, public port 30000. I have also tried 8602, which was already open for XBConnect. Opened port 3074 as suggested for software firewalls just to see if that would help.
Is your console being detected? YES
Brief description of your network setup: DSL modem with DLink 624 Router. Cat5e to PC with WinXP. Cat5e to XBOX.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? NO
Operating System? WindowsXp Sp1
Problem description? Everything in KAI Diagnostics indicates that my Xbox is found and configured, and I have no trouble seeing Arenas. However, when I start s system link game and go to look for the games in an arena, there are none listed. The engine shows activity both incoming and outgoing, but the still there are no games visible in the system link menu. I have drilled down to a private Arena with only 4 players and a host with a ping under 50ms in the hopes of limiting the amount of traffic, thinking that it might be confusing the game, but still nothing. I have been able to use XBConnect without any issues, but have been hoping to switch to KAI. The work you guys have put into the interface is wonderful. I'll keep cheering you on even if I can't use the program, but getting it to work would be that much better. Wink

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiUsername=******
kaiPassword=******
kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=ALL
kaiTimeout=NEVER
kaiNIC=2
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

Thank You for your time and assistance.

Last edited by Momus on Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, maybe an incompatibility with the game due to either..

NTSC / PAL, XBox Live updates and / or ping limitations. I'm in the Tech Support channel in Kai if you want to drop in.

Arena/Special Interest Arena/Technical Support

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to have missed you in the forums, hopefully I'll catch you or someone else later.

Don't know what incompatibilites I could be experiencing.

I have the NTSC version of Halo2.

I am not an XBox Live subscriber, and I've turned autologin off in the MS Dash. I've seen some mentions of people somehow removing Xbox Live updates from the XBOX, I'm not sure how to go about this myself, or if it would even help.

Is there some setting I'm missing re: Ping Limitations?

All of that being said. As I stated before, I have had no problems using XBConnect to play Halo2 both in private games with a friend and in larger group games. I mention that not in the spirit of rivalry, but simply to point out that I have no compatability issues using that application, and that Halo2 seems to be connecting to other games/xboxs just fine. I would expect that if XBC isn't limited by compatability issues, XLink Kai should not either.

Certainly whatever you care to suggest, given your greater experience with KAI, I will try to troubleshoot to the best of my ability.

Can you offer anything specific I should look for, especially where these mysterious XBox Live issues are concerned? I'm not sure I understand what might be happening with that as I am not a subscriber, and I don't use the MS Dash anyway. I use XBMC. I'm drooling at the thought of successfully getting KAI to work in XBMC. Smile I can browse arenas, get pings and everything from within XBMC, but I simply cannot see any games. Hurm...

Thank You again so much for you expertise.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I could Remote Assistance with you sometime and have a look around your router settings and Kai Config, just to make sure everything looks as it should, because the way you posted that Help Request, and the fact that there's no software firewall has got me stumped.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the offer dfunked. I likely take you up on that if/when we happen to be online at the same time. I'd love to get this sorted out.

Still no luck after continued exploration and experimentation. The games simply won't show.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get with me sometime after 6pm EST on MSN and I will see if I cannot get you sorted. MSN funk@rs3-ssc.com

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem, Xbox is found, network is reachable, but whe i serch for game to connect i find nothing or whe i start a new game, the other people in the arena did not find it. I use an zyxel router with firewall build in, the port forwarding is set up, kai is also set up to use this port. In firewall log i can see that the packets are correctly forwarded. When i am in the arena i can see established links with good ping times. I have really no idea what's wrong.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RoBiK wrote:
Hi!

I have exactly the same problem, Xbox is found, network is reachable, but whe i serch for game to connect i find nothing or whe i start a new game, the other people in the arena did not find it. I use an zyxel router with firewall build in, the port forwarding is set up, kai is also set up to use this port. In firewall log i can see that the packets are correctly forwarded. When i am in the arena i can see established links with good ping times. I have really no idea what's wrong.

Click on the Exclamation READ BEFORE POSTING Exclamation and fill out a help request.

Update: User did not respond within 5 days. Setting to Problem Solved.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic