FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 Campaign Deja vu?? View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*just* started Halo 2 Campaign mode. Been playing multiplayer for a while now Smile

Thing is, whats with the first level? Its the SAME as Halo 1?

Your basically on a ship, you have to escape to land on the surface? Then when you land on the surface there are some troops/warthogs etc and you have to drive through a tunnel?

On Halo 1, Your on a ship, you have to escape to land on the surface (of the Halo). Then when you land on the surface there are some troops/warthogs etc and you have to drive through a tunnel....

This was as far as I got? And I just thought "I hope it gets better"

Please tell me it does Confused

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah it gets better. just keep going!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Number 1, Halo 2 multiplayer is indeffinatly better then the original. Yes the beginging is somewhat repeating but as you get past the underground tunnel level, the tides will change dirasticaly. the covenent missions are amazing the the way that they were designed. As you play as the elite you don't actually fight against the human race, but instead you are sought by the high elders/prophets to kill the heritics. With this being said, as you play through the campaign you will notice various changes Very Happy

Peace, Love, Halo2...
{KS}SMGFire
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]mkjones wrote:
*just* started Halo 2 Campaign mode. Been playing multiplayer for a while now Smile

Thing is, whats with the first level? Its the SAME as Halo 1?

Your basically on a ship, you have to escape to land on the surface? Then when you land on the surface there are some troops/warthogs etc and you have to drive through a tunnel?

On Halo 1, Your on a ship, you have to escape to land on the surface (of the Halo). Then when you land on the surface there are some troops/warthogs etc and you have to drive through a tunnel....

This was as far as I got? And I just thought "I hope it gets better" Well such Deja Vu for me because it's like legendary Maw in Halo 1 because that Tartious guy is hard to beat

Please tell me it does Confused
CubFan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XeroSummer wrote:
Number 1, Halo 2 multiplayer is indeffinatly better then the original...

How so? To me, it feels the EXACT SAME! Other than the fact that you can now use swords and just run around uncontrollably killing people...oh yeah, and i guess the maps are new (although they don't feel UPGRADED at all, just different...not much of an improvement in my opinion)...

and the MOST OVERRATED new addition of Halo 2, in my opinion, is "dual yield"...maybe if you could shoot "multiple" people, but as it is now doesn't seem to add much...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game...and i'm still gonna be playing it ALOT! But the multiplayer doesn't seem that different, and while the Campaign mode seems "bigger" in some ways, it's basically the same as well (so far, i'm only about half-way through it though)...
OPS-ZULU
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its the exact same feeling for me to. They brought back the flood... of all things to bring back... I FREAKING HATE THE FLOOD. So does almost everyone else i talk to about it. But the dual wield is insane if you use it right, for multiplayer. The sword sucks after you play with people with some skill. Rockets are less powerful. Shotgun is insanely powered (IMO Alien:Sword as Human:Shotgun) But one thing about the multiplayer is you have to be alot more tactical and play as a team unlike halo 1 if you were good you could just run around unmercifully slaying grommits while in halo 2 if you even try u get gunned down almost instantaneously. You have to work as a team.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic