Kilehye
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a router? Yes, Belkin F5D8231-4
Did you set a static IP on the PC running Kai? Yes
Did you forward port 30000 to the static IP? Yes
Did you click the globe after forwarding to see if your network goes reachable? Yes
What console are you using? PSP
Is your console being detected? Yes, configured successfully
Brief description of your network setup: Wireless router picked up by wireless USB adapter, alternate wireless USB adapter for Xlink Kai
Model numbers of the router, and modem? Router=Belkin F5D8231-4, wireless USB adapter for internet use=Belkin F5D8053, wireless USB adapter for Xlink Kai use=Belkin F5D7050B
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? No firewall, Windows Firewall disabled completely
Operating System? Windows XP 32 bit
Problem description? I've followed this tutorial completely (and repeatedly, uninstalling and reinstalling Xlink Kai and the drivers multiple times). Everything looks just fine. Network's reachable, console is detected and configured, port's forwarded (though I do admit I don't know the difference between TCP and UDP, I've tried both), the adapter's connecting to the PSP, MAC address of my PSP's been cloned to the adapter (otherwise Xlink Kai won't detect the console), PSP Xlink Mode is enabled... I can't think of what else to do. The game I'm trying to connect with is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and I've tried meeting up with a group in a passworded private arena and in a public arena to no avail. They can meet up with each other alright and I can never see them nor can they ever see me.
I have also tried using the Xlink Kai version 7.4, but the results are the same. I can connect just fine but when it comes to actually meeting up with other people, I can't.
I've tried enabling and disabling PAT but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
I have also messed around with "Internet Connection Sharing" but I haven't a clue what it does or which connection to start from or which connection to use as the "home networking connection." I've tried all possible combinations, however, and nothing works.
I've tried starting up Monster Hunter and going to the guild hall before starting up Xlink Kai, and I've also tried starting up Xlink Kai before going into the guild hall. In either instance I have also tried exiting the hall and reentering, allowing a sufficient period of time between actions, making sure my wireless USB adapter reconnects properly to my PSP. I've also exited and restarted Xlink Kai while in the guild hall as well as not in the hall.

Version 7.3.1.7
kaiAutoLogin=0
kaiHomebrew=0
kaiPSPMode=1
kaiLaunchUI=1
kaiUI=kaiUI.exe
kaiAutoOpenChat=1
kaiCodepage=0
kaiPAT=0
kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiNIC=3
kaiTimeout=0
kaiUIClose=1
kaiAcceptRemote=1
kaiAllowBadNICS=1
kaiLib=pssdk

I'm at a complete loss of what to do.
Sorry if anything was extraneous or vague, posted in the wrong area, or if this situation has been presented before. (I've tried to search, but all instances I found of people being unable to see others in the guild hall also had something to do with their network being unreachable or console undetected, etc.)
I'll answer questions and try out just about any suggestion to the best of my ability.
I don't have many other games with me to test, I've got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2, and Beats. So far, I've only been able to find friends to test Xlink Kai with in Monster Hunter. I'd love to test the others but don't personally know anyone with either of them.

Last edited by Kilehye on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Set your Belkin as your network adapter in the Network adapter part of your Kai's configuration.

Do not forget to set your Psp in channel one as well.
Kilehye
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, forgot to mention those. I've had "Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter by C@" set as my network adapter in the config, and I have also had my PSP set as channel 1, so those should be correct.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kilehye wrote:
Ah, forgot to mention those. I've had "Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter by C@" set as my network adapter in the config, and I have also had my PSP set as channel 1, so those should be correct.

Some plugins can corrupt your Psp's adhoc connection.

Do you have any enabled then?
Kilehye
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Plugins..? The only thing I can think of that might relate is custom firmware, which I do not have. I currently have the official PSP firmware 6.20.
Or if you meant something else, I'm not sure.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kilehye wrote:
Plugins..? The only thing I can think of that might relate is custom firmware, which I do not have. I currently have the official PSP firmware 6.20.
Or if you meant something else, I'm not sure.

Plugins are only about Psps in Custom Firmware while yours is not.

Actually, I forgot to mention about your Psp Mac address: some 3000 and Go models have their ones yet to be added.

Just specify me the first six characters of it(it is somewhere in the "system" part of your Psp) and I will tell you if yours is one of them or not.
Kilehye
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a PSP-1001; the MAC address begins with 00:16:CE.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kilehye wrote:
I have a PSP-1001; the MAC address begins with 00:16:CE.

So yes, it was about that: your Psp's mac address has not been added yet.

As a moderator, I cannot add it by my own but I will ask an administrator to do it. I apologize for the mistake I make: even some 1000 Psp's addresses are yet to be added(not only the 3000 or Go).
Kilehye
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ooh, cool! Thank you very much! Do you need the rest of the MAC address or will that be sufficient?
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kilehye wrote:
Ooh, cool! Thank you very much! Do you need the rest of the MAC address or will that be sufficient?

No, the six characters I asked you are sufficient. Actually, those six characters define the model's brand of your Psp 1001: many others Psp 1001's Mac adresses have them as well while the rest are specific to your Psp(=there are no other Psp 1001 which got them).

I will update your thread as soon as an administrator add it.
natty256
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

do you know if mac address for 00:23:06 have been added??
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes it is check for yourself here--> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41470

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic