FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Problems running and installing various versions View next topic
View previous topic
woolykev
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately I must say that nothing I have tried so far has worked so that I could play. I've already tried four different approaches to using XLink Kai on my Samsung NC10 with Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux Mint 8 Helena actually, but normally it doesn't make a difference):

- complete Kai 7.0.0.7 with gKaiUI – always gave segmentation faults when reading orbitals and crashed

- complete Kai 7.0.0.7 with JKaiUI – didn't let me change the device to find my PSP via wireless (should I have looked in the kaid.conf file? I saw the "device to sniff on" section but don't know if that was right)

- building Kai 7.0.0.7 from source – followed the sticky guide at the top of this forum but encountered some error, see below

- complete Kai 7.4.18 – when I try to use the WebUI, Firefox opens a tab and says "waiting for localhost" in the bottom left corner but effectively does nothing

The problem I had with building the old version from source was that the make command in the root directory of the entire download (the folder called kaid-7.0.0.7) returned the message

Api.cc:43: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ 30 times and then:

Api.cc: In function ‘KAI_UI_OPCODE MsgToUIOpcode(std::string)’:
Api.cc:50: error: ‘strcmp’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [Api.o] Error 1

Simply skipping this and continuing with sudo ./kaid didn't work either since the file kaid hadn't been created at all.

BTW, When I tried the second version listed (7.0.0.7 with JKaiUI), my computer could see the PSP "network" and could attempt to connect to it, yet could not create a connection. I assume this is normal behavior of the PSP to reject any ad hoc connections without a need for data (?)

I'm going to try it on Windows now, but I'd be much happier using it on Linux. The method that got me closest to success so far in my opinion was downloading an entire 7.0.0.7 build and then using JKaiUI. Will probably try that again and then change the kaid.conf file line from eth0 to wlan0. I don't really care which solution works for me in the end, however the new WebUI seems to be the simplest and fastest, assuming it works.

Does anyone know how to fix one or all of these problems, best the one using 7.4.18?

woolykev
ToxAtec
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I don't know if 7.0.0.7 is still supported, but I guess it shouldn't be used.. About 7.4.18: did you simply enter "localhost" in firefox? You need to add the port: "localhost:34522"
But as kaiengine automatically starts the WebUI, it should open it correctly. In this case I have no idea what's wrong.. Not that helpful, I know Razz

If localhost:34522 or 127.0.0.1:34522 really don't work, you could look if the port is open with 'telnet localhost 34522'. If it says "connection refused", the port is not 34522 or something is fishy. If it connects ("connected to ..") it should work.. Does kaiengine really start up correctly?

About the ad-hoc connection:
The "Device to sniff on" should be the wireless interface to connect with the PSP. It's also the KaiAdapter in kaiUserConfig.txt of 7.4.18.
I don't know if your laptop should be able to create a connection.. How do you set up your ad-hoc connection? With networkmanager, wicd or CLI tools? Maybe this fails somehow.

I hope this helps a little.
Good luck,
ToxAtec

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum