FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need help! New user! View next topic
View previous topic
spektro_man
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, hi everyone! I'm a new member and I have a few questions about xlink kai for mac (maybe they are general questions, but since I have downloaded the mac version I thought I should post it here). I'm having trouble trying to find out the following:

For the record, I own a PSP Go and a PSP-2000 with custom firmware (so a "legit" system and a "hacked" one, not sure if it makes a difference), so my questions are (and will be) all regarding using that particular system with xlink kai.

1) is it REQUIRED that mac users get a separate wireless card (as in, a separate piece of hardware)? I have a macbook pro that comes with wireless capabilities (airport). Is there any particular reason why it should or shouldn't work? the only tutorial I've read talks about a particular wireless card, and there are no other tutorials to speak of for the Mac. maybe i'm looking at the wrong place?

2) if I DO need a separate wireless card, any model in particular?

3) if I DON'T need a card, is it then required I connect my mac to the internet modem through the ethernet cable? or can I just use the wireless for everything (wireless for internet at the same time I use it to communicate with the PSP)?

4) Assuming I get everything working, I can't see anywhere on the interface options for "pairing" so to speak my psp to the xlink kai application. How does one go about doing that? all I see is a list of players and nothing else. no "options" to speak of. how do I make the mac "find" the Psp?

5) Which one of my PSPs should I use to play Xlink kai? The old 2000 with custom firmware? or the PSP Go with official firmware? does it make a difference (other than my personal preference, of course)

Thanks a lot for any help, again sorry if that post is too dumb or if it is a question that was answered many times, I just couldn't find any info that didn't include a lot of tech mumbo-jumbo and the tutorials for the Mac weren't very helpful at all. Since English is not my first language, please forgive any minor mistakes. Thanks for your time Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic