FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 People in the UK on BlueYonder - Please post your experience View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering what the general feeling is like when using Kai in the UK on BlueYonder Smile

I have the 750k down and 128k up connection and I have to say its POOR when hosting games Sad 128k rarely gets above 14k in real life Sad

I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading to one of BlueYonders higer packages so I can host better??

SO! If you are in the UK and use BlueYonder .... Please post Cool
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gmc
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont know what the deal is with Blueyonder and NTL - They always have crappy upload speeds.

And fyi, a 128k upload's max upload speed IS 15kb/s. (Bit odd, considering any aDSL conenction you get, they usually have 256k upload).

Before you go upgrading your internet connetion, make sure the one your upgrading to has a faster upload than 128k.
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmc wrote:
I dont know what the deal is with Blueyonder and NTL - They always have crappy upload speeds.

And fyi, a 128k upload's max upload speed IS 15kb/s. (Bit odd, considering any aDSL conenction you get, they usually have 256k upload).

Before you go upgrading your internet connetion, make sure the one your upgrading to has a faster upload than 128k.

Yeh i knew that about the 15k upload, even though ive rarely seen it above 14 some people claim to have seen 22k? But thats as rare as actual 500k downloads Wink

Also, I belive 1mb upgrade has a 256 upload?

Anyway man, what games you got? We could probably have a decent session if your on a similer connection as me Wink

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im using Blueyonder, and am very happy with it even with a 128 up i still manage to host some good games, but in games like halo i always tend to join.

i mainly play Topspin, RallySport Challange 2, PGR2, Rainbow Six 3.

with the exception of RS3 I host when there is no other games available.

I used to be on AOL, but imo there service was poor, some days would be great others, you could hardly play.

I will be upgrading to 1500/256 soon, and i am looking forward to the extra up speed.
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

taz wrote:
im using Blueyonder, and am very happy with it even with a 128 up i still manage to host some good games, but in games like halo i always tend to join.

i mainly play Topspin, RallySport Challange 2, PGR2, Rainbow Six 3.

with the exception of RS3 I host when there is no other games available.

I used to be on AOL, but imo there service was poor, some days would be great others, you could hardly play.

I will be upgrading to 1500/256 soon, and i am looking forward to the extra up speed.

Sounds good man! Post your findings when you upgrade ;P I may join you as you have just described my expereice of Xlink with the blueyonder service to a tee Smile

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic