View previous topic
soulwarrior
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. Make sure you have freeboot and Dashlaunch properly installed
2. Make sure you have the Ping Patch
3. Make sure you have forwarded port 30000 correctly
4. Mae sure you are using the latest title update for whatever game you are trying to play <- Not necessary , normal users don't have updates ( Edited by Michael. ) .
5. Make sure Xlink can actually see your mac address. To test, using the interface (not the web browser), click join game in your system link enabled game, then in xlink click the magnifying glass, then switch view to see if your mac address is there.
6. Keep in mind, only clients need the patch/jtag but the host does not (i have tested this).

Edit by (-TU-)CrunchBite: Click metrics in the web ui (kai 7.4.18 ) to see detected consoles
neil324
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had dashlaunch installed but was booting into NXE dash, which when you try and connect to a host it returns 'unable to connect to host' error.

Now i boot straight into Freestyle and all is working fine now.

Might help someone.
[SaD]CrAfTy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BAck to the old days soon! This is just perfect, I'm crying of happiness actually. [SaD] is back!
Haydos
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In regards to booting what are the possible scenarios of joining/hosting being successful? (all items installed and confirmed working, ie dashlaunch/fsd/kxam.patch:

1. Default dash=NXE, then start game. eg.mw2

2. Default dash=NXE, then start fsd, then start game.

3. Default dash=FSD, then start game.

I have NXE as default and I'm pretty sure I've just done scenario 1 at times and been ok, but in Australia there are few locals it seems most of the time so it's hard to compare results. Quite often the arenas will show "? users, ? private arenas also. Is this a server issue, something with my isp or a conflict somewhere my end?

Also, there seems to be alot of confusion with title updates. If I have TU6 and hosting, someone without it can't join, correct?
But what if someone is hosting, still without update, will I (with TU6) be able to join or do both/all parties have to have matching updates?

Sorry for all the questions, as I said I do have Kai working just something's not quite right.
BTW, Dlink DSL-502T ADSL modem and DI-524 router (not using wireless for Kai)
Any info really appreciated
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Quite often the arenas will show "? users, ? private arenas also. Is this a server issue, something with my isp or a conflict somewhere my end?

Please read this http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39674

Quote:
Also, there seems to be alot of confusion with title updates. If I have TU6 and hosting, someone without it can't join, correct?
But what if someone is hosting, still without update, will I (with TU6) be able to join or do both/all parties have to have matching updates?

That's correct, if a game requires a TU the other players also need the TU to play, im not sure about you having the TU then trying to join someone but id say it wouldn't work
Haydos
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that quick response.

In the meantime I've switched the dlink modem for a netgear DM111P that I had laying around. It seems to just run......smoother? Could be a placebo effect. Multiple ping comparisons showed it was a bit better.

And I have since been able to join and host with the same guys overseas, while others in the same arena at the same time I could not see and they could not join, reinforcing my belief that my setup is now fine.

Also, in regards to the dash side of things I only booted to NXE then joined/hosted both ok. Only the TU6 side of things to test now.

Cheers Wink
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a FYI here... D-Link routers are absolute shit. Seriously. Avoid them at all costs!
Haydos
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, earmarked my next piece of hardware to replace Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic