FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Belkin F5D8053 on Windows 7-32&64Bit | RT2870 chipset View next topic
View previous topic
DarknessASD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

thx for the guide it's nice and clear... but it doesn't seem to work for me. When i install the driver the path is different

yours:
Quote:
C:/Windows/System32/Driverstore/FileRepository/rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_ccf75c1dbf3a80c2‏/rt2870.inf

mine:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_7445990151c03a8a

i think that might just a windows thing of sorts but still a difference, since you mention as a given i mention it too.

another thing is that when i install the driver from the above given folder Windoes taken forever and eventually times out.

the driver seems partially installed, when i got to device manager it appears in the proper section now. But when i open properties only there's only 9 against your at least 13.
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you tried just installing the driver without utility --> http://www.ralinktech.com/en/04_support/support.php?sn=500 and set the device to psp xlink mode, ignoring the step with installing the .inf file in
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_7445990151c03a8a or C:/Windows/System32/Driverstore/FileRepository/rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_ccf75c1dbf3a80c2‏/rt2870.inf
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DarknessASD wrote:
Hi,

thx for the guide it's nice and clear... but it doesn't seem to work for me. When i install the driver the path is different

yours:
Quote:
C:/Windows/System32/Driverstore/FileRepository/rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_ccf75c1dbf3a80c2‏/rt2870.inf

mine:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\rt2870.inf_amd64_neutral_7445990151c03a8a

i think that might just a windows thing of sorts but still a difference, since you mention as a given i mention it too.

another thing is that when i install the driver from the above given folder Windoes taken forever and eventually times out.

the driver seems partially installed, when i got to device manager it appears in the proper section now. But when i open properties only there's only 9 against your at least 13.

Used to have that error as well first times I was trying to install this adapter on a 64-Bit system, yeah. Not sure of what causes the time-out (pretty sure that was because of my several failed installations beforehand), but all what I did to sort it out was unpluging the adapter (before the installation times out) then plug it back in; I managed to get the message telling me the installation was successful. At any rate, having the adapter "partially installed" shouldn't be a problem so long you managed to get the Psp Xlink Mode in the properties (thus having less properties shouldn't be a problem either).

Try to repeat the installation on a different USB port. Also, don't worry about the folder's name wherein the driver is. The one I specified for the guide was based upon an older version of the driver, but the process remains the same.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic