FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Games run slow View next topic
View previous topic
DejVed
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there!

Well whenever i manage to get someone to play some of my favorite psp games with my me, the games do horribly lag and are basically running in slowmotion. For instance, i tried to play Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur Broken Destiny with different players. In both cases the game was unplayably slow. Ping of the Tekken player was 70 and the Soul Calibur player had a ping of 80. Both were marked as green.
However the only game i managed to run perfectly smooth was WipeOut Pulse with a friend of mine from the same country (ping 40).
So is this supposed to be normal? I know my connection isnt good as i have a terrible upload speed (nominal 315 kbps; usually around 30 kbps), but GGPO and PSN do actually work how they are supposed to be. Even the Tekken player mentioned that his games are slow for him even with player the same country as his.
I should mention that i use AdHocToUSB, have forwarded port 30000, use the XlinkAid and ofcourse AdhocToUSB plugin. The Firewall isnt blocking Xlink Kai and my bandwith isnt used by an other app or user.
One thing that im not sure of is that my laptop is quite old (pentium 3) and has USB1.
So, any ideas?
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tekken 6 needs a ping of 30 to run smooth. I believe the games you are playing require a ping limit about 30 to run decent. So fast connections and players from the same region are necesarry to play those games without lag.
DejVed
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that is quite demanding. I felt lucky that i just found someone to play with... and with a halfway decent ping too, but around 30... i highly doubt there is such luck as the arena of these games is empty most of the time.
Was getting pretty excited about it too, but oh well...
Anyway, if someone from Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Hungary and Ex-Yugoslavia or any country near that area wants to play some Soul Calibur BD or Tekken 6 with a rookie, drop me a PM ;D.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic